Genesis Owners.....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Have any of you changed out the temp control dial? It has a thermostat wire that screws into the HX. Question is.......does it screw into a dry well, or directly into the HX water flow? It has the temp bulb, with a brass washer on the top, and a brass screw-in retainer nut. What type of seal does this use? I have an extra, but it doesn't have a seal or packing. I want to change it out tomorrow, but don't want to tear into it before knowing what I need to seal this connection.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Doug Cox said:
Unscrew the old probe and screw in the new one. Nothing complicated about it.

OK, Doug......the probe "bulb" has a brass washer braised to it, and a retainer nut to hold it down. I just wondered if it needed any seal or washer to make it watertight. I'm going to tear into it this morning.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I,ve done it a number of times and never used any sealant. I believe its a compression fitting.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Frank @ Truckmount Hdqtrs. (805 604-4808) has new PowerClean machines and parts.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Johnny said:
Frank @ Truckmount Hdqtrs. (805 604-4808) has new PowerClean machines and parts.

Got it changed today. No problem. I just don't like ripping into the money-maker if I'm not sure of the outcome. I didn't know if it needed a gasket or seal or sealer. It doesn't....it uses a brass washer that seals down with a retainer nut. Now the diverter works nice and crisp when you dial in a temp. Next change out is the nitrile impeller on the APO. That should go easy.

Thanks, Johnny.....I will call Frank @ TM Headquarters. I think I met him at Scruz Mikeyfest 4 or 5 years ago. He had a new Genesis he was demo'ing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom