genius or jackass

today i bought a second handle for my wand and put the sucker on. 1 is as far up my shaft as it goes and the other is down around where most other handles usually are. this is an attempt to reduce bending and leaning while wanding. it does look a little odd, i will try it tomorrow .... i probably am not a genius but could very well be a jackass. i will let yous all know how she works

G

jackass-skull-and-crutches-3700708.jpg

Attachments

• jackass-skull-and-crutches-3700708.jpg
    jackass-skull-and-crutches-3700708.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 151
Name
steve snail
Kevin,

Just plain smart. Trying to improve your posture while cleaning. Try to use your legs (quads) more, keeping your back straight. Take the lower handle off.

Best,

Steve

Name
steve snail
Well Kevin, how did it go?

It make a little time to get used to standing straight up if you have been bending over, but stick with it. Your back will thank you. BTW, in addition to using the quads, core strength is huge.

Steve, its going pretty good, my 1 handle is up close to my valve the other , im still tweaking. i want to try it on a wide open area soon. hard to give a real opinion just yet, over all not hard to adjust to..... knocking the lower handle, takes a little extra care. i was invisioning this glass table getting a chunk taken out. i will tell more as i learn more, thanks

Name
steve snail
Kevin,

Yeah, I run my handle an inch or two on the downside of the bend. This allows me to stand straight, yet get down on it when needed. Breathing in while pulling back and breathing out when going forward may help. It's all in the rhythm.

Steve

GRHeacock

My opinion- put the handle at the point where you can easily reach it while standing straight up, but not so close it is awkward to use.

My thinking is- the handle should only be used to push off the stroke, let go, and continue with the other hand on the valve. And when drawn back grasp the handle to move the wand over to the next stroke and push off with it.

Standing straight up, use your hand holding the valve like a pool shooters cue stroke.

Straight out and straight back.

There is no need for pressure on the handle. The weight of the wand and the suction of the vac orifice should give plenty of agitation, and cleaning power.

This is the least fatiguing- at least for me.

Gary

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Always something interesting here on the board.I'm getting answers to questions I didn't know I had.Great!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom