Get a Pair.......

Ron K

With all this talk about Rotaries, Zippers Hoss, and High flow wands ect. What are you pairing up behind these pieces of equipment.

Machine Size
Vac Hose Diameter
Lint Filter
Blower
Waste Tank
Van Size
Average Hose Run

I run a ProChem Legend but don't think it has the umph to run some of these optimally.
Whats the sweet spot?
I know some on this board will say Vortex but how about something realistic and attainable!

Ron K

I'll Start
Legend 20HP
2" to 25'Whip 1.5" I know Nate I'm a whimp
Hydro Force Plastic Nylon Sock
Blower 3.6
60 Gallon
Ford E250
90% under 125Feet
Heat Exchanger enough in the Summer Winter Meh!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had a legend se with a 4.5 blower 20 hp engine. Now I have a 405 47 blower and 48 hp nissan engine. The 405 has more vacuum and a lot more heat. The legend with a 6 flow wand would have a hard time maintaining heat.

I tried an rx20 with it and wasn't impressed, the bigger engine blower combo does make a difference with high flow and water recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: Ron K

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Sam is dead on, but an easy mod can be made for your 45 blowers and larger.

On the prochem tanks we just drill a 2.5 hole right above the stainless filter basket. Run 2.5 for at least 50 from truck then 2" from there and boy do the TM like it.

On the old prochem legends se the vacuum tube setup is beyond ridiculous as it runs through the middle of the truckmount into the bottom of the waste tank then 90s up to the top left of the waste tank to 90 again into the waste filter basket.

By eliminating this And just capping off the 2"factory tube( which will rust out one day anyways) it breaths and sucks so much better.

As for heat you are kind of screwed unless you want to swap out heat exchangers and this is a pain. But to clean carpet your heat should be around 150-160 with a rotary. If not de scale and insulate and make sure your thermal relief is not opening or leaking water into the waste tank.

We have done a couple of these with great success as it makes a huge difference.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Unfortunately Ron apparently has an original legend with a 3.6 blower I don't think there's a mod for that version. The 4.5 blower ya 2.5 off the tank increases air flow. Your still gonna be way short on heat.

But when running a rotary any heat exchanger without dry strokes will drop your heat fast.

Last edited:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Butlers with 47 (larger blower) and high heat options.

Run 2.5 inch hose and down to 2 ".

Have Ran RX 20's with 2 inch hose and smaller blower as well, not as good of recovery and then the newer HE version RX better.

Think if I were to buy a newer RE, would heavily consider the Hoss unit.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Name
Nate W.
I'll Start
Legend 20HP
2" to 25'Whip 1.5" I know Nate I'm a whimp :shifty:
Hydro Force Plastic Nylon Sock
Blower 3.6
60 Gallon
Ford E250
90% under 125Feet
Heat Exchanger enough in the Summer Winter Meh!

I have a 21ish HP Honda I had to convert it from a belt drive to direct coupler because of a motor switch.
45 blower
2 2" hoses from the waste tank to the back doors, Y to a 2.5" for the first 50-100' then a 25' 2" whip.
Little Giant #3 Heater which maintains 180-190 on the rv360i. It spikes to 210. Using a Zipper JR, It stays around 170-180 wide open doing 10' cleaning passes with a 10 flow.
I still can't make up my mind on either a LG #4XP 2,000 psi or a NorthStar diesel heater. I was to maintain 220 and clean tile with hot water for once.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Nate get john customs to make you a heat exchanger for your setup and keep the little giant for any boost in heat you might want if desired.

Name
Nate W.
Nate get john customs to make you a heat exchanger for your setup and keep the little giant for any boost in heat you might want if desired.

My LG #3 only can go up to 600psi. I'd rather have an inline heater then mess with a heat exchanger unit, unless I bought a brand new unit. My unit was coverted and frankensteined to use the new motor because the old one was obsolete. Thank you for the advice though!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
50 hp Thermal wave 5m in a box truck. 200 gal fresh with 120 recovery tank. 2" lead to 2.5" hose. Rotovac with unknown flow cause it still has the original brass from 2002. Also a zipper with stock flow. Bumper mounted filter box.

Gene

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Ford E250 powers my Cleanco47 with high heat option.
2" hose from machine to wand/RotoVac 360i.
Devastator in-line filter.

Ron K

Ford E250 powers my Cleanco47 with high heat option.
2" hose from machine to wand/RotoVac 360i.
Devastator in-line filter.
Thats a lot of stuff for a regular size van. When I bring my 175 it gets pretty tight.

Reactions: Russ T.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
31 HP Prochem Apex

2 inch vac all the way to 2 inch shafted titanium wand

In-line devastator filter

Average hose run is 100 feet for us as we mostly do residential

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Thats a lot of stuff for a regular size van. When I bring my 175 it gets pretty tight.

175 stays home unless I know I'll need it. Going to rework how it's configured when biz slows a little. I think I want the hoses to come out the back.

J

JS41035

WM pro2000. Dual 45s. Dual waste tanks. 2 inch hose. 1.5 whips on CGD .2 inch residential. Rx20s one with the conical jets. The other is normal tips.
Prochem 405 47 blower.

Ron K

175 stays home unless I know I'll need it. Going to rework how it's configured when biz slows a little. I think I want the hoses to come out the back.

RUss you just use the 175 for Bonnet only, I hope, not for aggittation.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
RUss you just use the 175 for Bonnet only, I hope, not for aggittation.

I use my 175 for scrubbing tile and strip/wax VCT. I know it's a very versatile machine but that's what I use it for for now. I use a Cimex to encap commercial CGD carpet.

Rotovac 360i is used to clean a lot of resi carpet.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
49 hp 4.5 blower 2" to the floor
49 hp 5 blower 2.5 1st 50.

Hoping to replace the prochem 405 for a newer set up soon, then do 2.5 1st 50.

You have a thermal wave and a 405??? the 405 has a 4.7 blower the thermal wave I believe is a 5.3. 405 cfm compared to 525 for the thermal wave. Unless yours is the smaller blueline?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom