Get it while you can.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
In SCruz we see a 20-30% drop of work in our three winter months.

He on the chapperal I can see that for 6 months things can get very thin.

So here I am going out to clean an empty on a Sunday morning.

With a smile on my face as I drive by other old tradesmen out storing nuts as well...

Yep, we are going to be all hands on deck and we have weekend work.

I do a lot of the weekend work to give guys time off, but we have some very large crazy jobs coming they will be working weekends with me

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm new so anything and everything whenever and whatever.
After a conversation I had with my buddy Tom yesterday, I know I'm not the only one that gets stuck in houses where fleas are bouncing off their legs. One got in my sock and had its way with the top of my foot.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

darcie smith

Name
darcie smith
This is what I keep telling my wife as she keeps booking camping trips.
As a wife who has to book her husband time off, we understand, but there is such a thing as work-life balance. If I didn't schedule in a date night or a day off here or there, Scott would work 7 days a week and not rest. Your body needs rest and your other half appreciates having your attention. What good is a thriving business f your marriage suffers?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Both Dan and I put work first...the first time.

While that wasn't the total reason in either case, it was a point each Ex complained about.

The second time she knew what she was marrying into. She still complained but at least she knew what to expect.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm fortunate to live in a year round climate and have built up a 8-5 residential operation.

To the point where we're going to shut down Saturdays. Working Monday through Friday.

At least that's the goal.

If I have an off week I'll work Saturdays.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'll work any day any time for commercial, but we stick to weekdays for residential for the most part. Our slow season is really only mid January through mid March any more

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Nate W.
This is what I keep telling my wife as she keeps booking camping trips.

Your Promaster is big enough to camp in.. lol

And you tell them @Desk Jockey .... If you was more fun to be around, maybe I'd be around... lol

IMG_1483.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Jan, Feb and March we are off by at least 50%.

Every year in biz it get easier and easier to "make it" through winter. Regulars continue to call even if it's minus fooking eight! I can start at 10am and be happy(kinda) to have ONE job a day. I tried for years to keep busy during Jan, Feb, just a waste of money.

Honestly, the older I get with two young boys, activities, family shat and a wife, winter didn't even seem long last year(oh crap!)....

At least Mike's snow is pretty! Here it just punches you in the face and says - I'll be back tomorrow......... And the next 10 weeks.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Jerry we mail something to every customer once a month, it's definitely shortened the slow season by a lot. We don't get the returns in the winter that we do during the season but run a better ($99) special I'm the winter to keep phones ringing

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom