getting more upholstery and drapery jobs

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am interested in getting more jobs cleaning upper end upholstery and drapery. It seems as though when all these new cleaning companies pop up they just kind name themselves a pro and claim to be upholstery experts. I did complete the upholstery and fabric certification and know that fabric can be tricky but also very profitable. How would you guys suggest I go about bringing in more jobs on upper end upholstery?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
First of all...myself? I wouldn't do drapery...too much liabilitly...but maybe I'm a scaredycat?

By "High end" I assume you mean expensive furniture in nice houses.

I would create an entire website to upholstery and drapery. Make it all higher end stuff and pretty foo foo lay outs and don't list any prices.

No "wow" factors...just elegance.

Then market your website by accordingly. You can be specific to your trade on search engines.

Mark your vehicle with similar photos or logo's to your website...keep it all uniform.

High end clients are in networking groups, churches and organizations...advertise in them and get involved.

Always promote quality and nice price.

There are a million other things but this post will only hold 60,000 characters.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I've been thinking about hooking up with a dry cleaner for drapes. Uph, on the other hand, take the IICRC class, that will help with basic knowledge, then it's just trial and error (read: don't start out on the expensive shit!)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Find a networking group that has an interior designer, dry cleaner, home stager, realtor, you name it...they can all refer home stuff like you want to do.

Name
Kevin McCreary
I get tons of drapery jobs in my area, because I'm the only one dumb enough to
still do on location cleaning. Brain dead from O.M.S.!

Al

Here's a trick taught to me by the late Ed York.

When you know Mrs. P is watching, you gently lift the curtains to your nose, then quickly pull them away as if there was an offensive odor then go back to your cleaning.

She will ask you to clean them.

8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom