Getting nervouse... $$$ Troubles.

What would you do?

• Hang yourself...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep your head up.. It ain't over yet!

• Rob liquor store.

• Sell oranges on the side of the Highway.

• Pray.

• Total voters

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I sent out about 50 targeted commercial mailers (2nd mailing to selected prospects), 50 more to go (new prospects)... Plus 500 residential post cards (first class mail), 500 as pizza box toppers (ran out of money for stamps). I'm booked most of next week, but its all repeat commercial work & meetings/estimates. I won't be in much to answer the phones. If i can't book the jobs... I can't really earn the $ to pay for the marketing materials I AMEX'd. What to do? What to do? I need 2-4 jobs to break even on this mailer (including materials for completing the jobs).

Oh,yeah, my child support is due Friday too & I still haven't heard from the full time gig yet either. Aargh!

GRHeacock

I voted for selling oranges by the highway.

It is legal, and low overhead, and less risky than the CC biz.

All you need is a piece of cardboard for a sign, a pencil and at least one orange.

Good luck on your marketing.

However, I think you will make it.

Gary

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
This business is a roller coaster ride for sure.

Keep your head up and the hard work will pay off.

Scott

Keep your pecker up!

I've lost count of the many people I've met over the years who were right at the brink of losing it all when perseverance finally paid off.

Including yours truly.

Scott

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I seem to get more business when I don't try to get it, or I just ask customers if they know anyone that needs something done

I just bid 3 gas stations, 1 has vct and the other 2 have ceramic all want it done every other week, $1200 per month, see if I get it

Scott

He gave up.

He did teach me a lot about working for free, however.

Lesson learned.

Scott

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
go see Dr. Stop (name of a Dr. in our area, guess what he specializes in?) :mrgreen:

thanx --- Derek.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
This is a tough one. I voted for selling oranges but now I think maybe I should have answered prayer. Since going to carpet cleaning only back in October I have had several dicey months. I have twice gotten shut off notices for electric since then but both times I got a big enough job right in time to catch up all my bills so I think probably prayer is what saved me.

G

There's nothing wrong with landing a fulltime job while you're building the business! Work as hard finding a full time gig as you are marketing the business and you'll land a fulltime gig. Deliver pizza in the evenings, they're always looking for good help. Keep your chin up.

It takes time to build the business.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You really never get comfortable thinking its all going to be gravy.
Lots of ups and downs.
But the way I look at it is that I'm always hungry and I never give up.

The other alternative is to get a job and lose your independence and pride.

-JB-

Name
JB
Plug on, and hit your knee's for good measure, it never hurts.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
worked at a pizza joint one time as a delivery driver part time. good tips on Fridays and Saturdays nights. Did that for a couple of years. Besides you should treat everyone like you do the pizza delivery guy!

Name
steve snail
Jeremy,

Call other carpet cleaners in your area as ask them to send you any business they can't handle or want. This time of year most of us are crazy busy and turn down potential customers because we just can't or want to do them all.

Spend every spare minute cleaning your equipment and truck. Uniform?

scott nailed it when he said, never give up.

Best,

Steve

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Getting on the phone and calling previous customers will bring in some work in a hurry this time of the year and it won't cost a cent!

You can even call between jobs or in the evenings.

The do not call laws do not apply to customers you have cleaned for with-in the last 18 months.

Dave-

C

Carpet Dude

untitleddddddd.jpg

Attachments

• untitleddddddd.jpg
    untitleddddddd.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 177

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
The kitty says pray... The monkey says rob a liquor store....
Decisions decisions....

Fon Johnson

Jeremy, give me a call sometime Tuesday mid-afternoon if you have not yet heard from me. I have something that could help. You just have to be careful not to let it trap you. :D

If you've already spent the money on marketing, and expect the calls to be in volumn, you need to get "Perceptionist" now! I have them, and they're great. They book all your work for you, and they sound very professional. It'll give your business a bigger appearance. The best part is, they only charge $20. per booked appointment. Give em a call.

JohnnyV

You need to be answering your Phones......Cut your overhead to the bare minimum. I answer all my own calls and when I'm out I forward them to my Cell. If you're going broke with employee's then you need to get rid of them and do all the work you can do yourself. Start telling people who call that you're not excepting new customers at this time unless they are referred by your other clients. Raise your Prices!......Don't spend money on advertising if you don't have it. Marry a Rich Old Woman who's about to die!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I see that "Pray" is a popular response. I agree that prayer is a good thing. But to pray and wait won't get those bills paid. Pray and then act in harmony with your prayer.

If your praying for more income, then you need to pray and market or pray and then raise your prices or whatever it takes to produce the income.

Scott Warrington
Not representing anyone on this post.

The hardest thing I deal with is waiting for checks on restoration jobs. I have become more hard nosed lately. Insurance companies wonder why WDR costs so much. Well, in addition to it being a value versus replacement, carrying accounts costs money.
Everyday that money is not in my account is a day that that money can not be earning money for me.

Dolly

I did vote pray.........pray first for wisdom

I would have clicked also sell oranges by the side of the road too
but it would not let me vote two solutions

You do have to be proactive. Praying and seeking and doing......

Back
Top Bottom