Getting to know John Olson -Superior Cleaning Solutions.

Mikey P

Administrator
1. How did Superior Cleaning Solutions.com come about?

2. Describe the average day at your company.

3. Please list the products and or services you provide.

4. Where would you like to see your company in five years?

5. How do the Bulletin Boards help your company?

6. What is the biggest challenge you face on a daily basis?

7. How many times a day would you like to punch Mikey in the throat?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
1. How did Superior Cleaning Solutions.com come about?
2 years ago I was working for JWC Inc./Steam Way of Utah. The company had dug itself a hole that it wasn't digging out of. Lora and I had been talking about how both of us where tired of working for people that didn't care about their companies as much as we did. Long story short the Stars Aligned and worlds collided and Superior Cleaning Solutions, LLC was born.
Serious though things all fell into place. We where able to secure the money to purchase the assests and inventory of JWC Inc/Steam Way of Utah. We also had the backing of every vendor that previously working with JWC Inc except Blue Line. Thursday (Nov 6) will be 2 years.

2. Describe the average day at your company.
We arrive at 7:30 am. and leave at 5:30-6pm I think that is about the only thing that is average. One day to the next can be so totaly different I really don't think I could say anything is average. What is pretty consistant though is we answer 50-60 phone calls a day, have 2 trucks we are working on and at least 1 phone call to Greenie :)

3. Please list the products and or services you provide.
We carry everything except Hydramaster Truckmounts/Chemicals, Chemspec, BlueLine Truckmounts (we do service BlueLine and have a great relationship with Scott in service), we also don't carry ThermStor (Phoenix) not because we don't want to its that they signed an agreement with interlink that excludes them giving me a dist.

We also have the best Service Department in the state. Our Mechanics are Prochem, Powerclean, Steam Way, Mytee, BlueLine and Dri-Eaz Authorized/Certified.

4. Where would you like to see your company in five years?
I would love to share our Five year plan but there are eyes on here that I really don't want to know whats coming but we didn't start this company just to have jobs. :wink:

5. How do the Bulletin Boards help your company?
I came from the BSC side of industry. The boards have allowed me to catch up, if you will,with problems and solutions that one normally only learns from being on the job for many years. They have also made it possible to meet and become friends with some really incredible people.

As for sales not as much as one might think but that isn't why i'm on the boards. I am here to build relationships after that the money will take care of it'self

6. What is the biggest challenge you face on a daily basis?

Being in Interlinks Back yard.

7. How many times a day would you like to punch Mikey in the throat?

If you never spell my name wrong again and remember I have just as sarcastic humor as you so don't take shit personal then probably never :wink:

Mike Draper

I always do Business with John, he takes care of me like I take care of my custy's. They have a great business!! Thanks, John!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
KevinL said:
Is Utah the carpet cleaning capitol of America? And why?

I'm going out on a limb here but it might have something to do with being red blooded
Amercian capitalists

steve g

Name
steve garrett
when I see other cleaners in my area, I don't look at them as enemies, I don't feel threatened by them in any way, instead I like to meet them and don't have a problem being friends with them. its sad that suppliers don't have the same attitude, why can't it be a gentleman's contest and the best man or company gets the business. The supplier politics are as interesting as our board politics. I am sure john O feels the same way I do, sadly others in my area don't. but I do know when I call john he knows who I am and what I do, its not hard to choose who I wanna do biz with. go john go!!!!!

C

cory kenyon

We are lucky to have John and Laura here in Utah. They always are willing to help, no matter what.
The service dept. is also top notch with T.W. and Bud.

Lonny

Supportive Member
I was just there last week for the IICRC, had a good time, learned some good stuff, met some good folks. I even left with some parting gifts!
Thanks again John.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I have a few Canucks that buy from us. I won't hassle with chems but tools we ship quite often.

Lora Olson

:lol:

Steve...you said you LIKED sleeping in the princess bed! You said it was the best night's sleep you ever had!!! Okay, just kidding! How are you doin?? PM me!!

But thanks!! I appreciate the compliment. You still coming out for RRT in March??? The princess bed is waiting for you!!! :lol:

Lora Olson

That would definitely do the trick! :evil:

I never let John pack his own chute. It's either me or one of the packers...

He hasn't done it in years!! :shock:

G

His shop is 2k miles away!! the shipping well be more that the supplies!!!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You'd be surprised Steve. I ship to the east cost all the time. I have a 75/50 shipping program. I don't ship chems free. Greenie will stop that real soon as well. There is no money in shipping juice free no matter how much you buy, well i'll take that back order 144 gallons of any one Item and I'll ship it free.

Back
Top Bottom