Getting to know Martin Sutely.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
can we end this luv fest for pig vomit...almost 10 years on and still JiMmy loves him.....if they lived here in ca they would be married by now
we all know he is strange ..but in a good way

i only wish i could buy marty for what i think of him
and then sell him for what he thinks of himself
id be a very rich man

Reactions: Jimmy L

dgargan

vlm crap

after knowing Marty for years I can't see why he has strayed from VLM. VLM has turned my commerical business into a cash cow. We have dozens of accounts that have us clean monthly and quarterly with vlm and if we had to hwe it would be a nightmare. Our proffits are higher and results are better.I'm glad he has his V but I wouldn't sell all the vlm tools yet.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I didn't mean to give the impression I had totally given up on vlm, David. I still use it in commercial, where appropriate. I have simply stopped trying to get it to work for me in residential.

Reactions: roro and Jimmy L

TimP

Fon Johnson said:
TimP said:
Walrus said:
I agree with him about all this VLM crap sucking the life out of you.
Trying to fully understand the mythical science behind it is like having SATAN whispering in your ear.

Marty was and still is my mentor and hero.

I've about stopped doing any encap jobs. I've had to go back on way too many to be able to guarantee them. HWE works and does better for wicking. It's all a scam in my opinion. Only time it's worth a beans is if you can get them on a routine....and it aint gonna happen in my woods. Money is better spent on a once a year HWE or every other year for some.

You're doing something wrong..

No I'm not the method is limited as can be. The spots go away when I do it but a few weeks later they are back so it's the method. I HWE them and they stay gone Encap is all smoke and mirrors, the biggest limitation is that you can't flush the crap out. When you move furniture soiled areas where the carpet is a very light brown due to dirt build up (you can only tell next to a clean area).... don't go away and you can tell clean from dirty for sure after encaping, yeah it looks better than when you start but it's still there. Like I said if you can get the customer on a plan or are in the business often enough it will manage appearance but for my area it's not real functional. I say it's equal to a Stanley Steamer hack job but not equal to a good HWE job. Now I may not be the encap god and someone may be able to do better than me. I just don't see it personally. Scrub some polymers in a floor and hope it makes all the dirt vacuum out.....it just don't happen but on lightly soiled and heavily maintaned carpet which there is very little of that in my woods.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Don't blame the method. It works well in those circumstance where it was originally intended. It's the fault of Rick Gelinas, John Guerkink and their ban of barking ankle biters. In their efforts to sell us their system, they've promoted the method far beyond it's limitations. The crows have now come home to roost.

Kudos to folks like Whittaker and VacAway who have remained focused regarding it's true abilities over the years.

TimP said:
Walrus said:
I agree with him about all this VLM crap sucking the life out of you.
Trying to fully understand the mythical science behind it is like having SATAN whispering in your ear.

Marty was and still is my mentor and hero.

I've about stopped doing any encap jobs. I've had to go back on way too many to be able to guarantee them. HWE works and does better for wicking. It's all a scam in my opinion. Only time it's worth a beans is if you can get them on a routine....and it aint gonna happen in my woods. Money is better spent on a once a year HWE or every other year for some.

Amen to that..I got sucked into it my second year and it has its place but not much in my tool box,post pad only.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Mikey P said:
just what the heck is a "cash cow"?

1498_cash-cow.jpg

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
admiralclean said:
Don't blame the method. It works well in those circumstance where it was originally intended. It's the fault of Rick Gelinas, John Guerkink and their ban of barking ankle biters. In their efforts to sell us their system, they've promoted the method far beyond it's limitations. The crows have now come home to roost.

Kudos to folks like Whittaker and VacAway who have remained focused regarding it's true abilities over the years.

What the heck are you talkin about Marty?
I have NEVER suggested encap for residential.
I have ONLY ever promoted encap for commercial.
Encapsulation rocks for commercial carpet maintenance!
And an occasional HWE flush on commercial carpet is a good idea too.
That has always been my position toward encapsulation (you silly fool). :roll:

Carry on.

hogjowl

Idiot™
There's a thread on your board right now about encap cleaning berber carpets.

As of right now, you have allowed it to go on without saying a word.

More sales?

harryhides

Name
Tony
NOW we are finally getting to know Marty, a dumbass who is confused and mixed up pretty much all of the time. Everything he has tried has not worked, blamed either the machine or the method but never considered the on obvious common factor - MARTY himself.

Don't forget the parking brake Pigman.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Actually Marty, olefin berber is one place where I would make a singular exception and consider recommending the encap method for residential carpet. Olefin berber wicks like a pig (no pun intended Marty). And encapsulation cleaning technology can do a terrific job retarding the wicking process of olefin berber. Whether it's used as a shampoo method, as a bonnet/OP method, or as a HWE method - the crystallizing polymer in a good encap detergent can accomplish some pretty impressive stuff when it comes to berbers.

P.S. That's not to say that encapsulation chemistry could never be used on residential carpet. In fact, I use it exclusively on my own home, and our white carpet looks perfect. However I don't recommend encap as a stand alone method to the masses for residential carpet, because I know that folks will invariably push the system way beyond what it's intended for and it may not produce the results they hoped to achieve. So I prefer to recommend it for what I know it's best suited for, COMMERCIAL. That has always been what I've recommended.

harryhides said:
NOW we are finally getting to know Marty, a dumbass who is confused and mixed up pretty much all of the time. Everything he has tried has not worked, blamed either the machine or the method but never considered the on obvious common factor - MARTY himself.

Don't forget the parking brake Pigman.

Marty is always right just ask him...

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never said it was ok for Steve to do so. While Steve is guilty of doing that, he is NOT guilty of the greater sin ... the sin of promotion. Steve has never once, to my knowlege, tried to entice others to do so, or promoted the practice in any way.

Steve goes to great pains to NOT be seen as self-promoting, even when it may cost him money.

Compare THAT to the others mentioned.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I suspect everyone who owns any sort of encap equipment has done so at some point in the learning curve.

Everybody has, at some point in their lives, unknowingly done other things that just aren't right, and there's no sin in that. It's when they continue doing so, after they know it's wrong, that makes them a true shampoo artist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom