GG stairtool heat shield

Walt

Anybody make one of these. The tool is the best I've ever used but I did some extra wide stairs in a fairly enclosed area - and I couldn't see. I had to wait for the steam to clear to finish.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Try larger jets. I put an 05 on my Butler stair tool. My Butler gets to 240-250 degrees. I also have a small extension on the jet and Hybrid glide. Works well except I get over spray from the glide lifting the stair tool off the carpet.

Greenie

wow...that much vapor?
It would be fairly easy to slap a SS plate across the back, just a note, you'll be accessing jets with a deep walled socket if you do.
If you can't get a welder to tack on a plate locally, send it to me, and I'll do it free if you pay UPS ground freight.

Those jets are already 03 flow each, I don't think some 04 or 05 are gonna change the steam that much.

I'll do up one here, and see how I like it on Michael Schoeny's AT.

Spurling

You may want a removable plate .. unless youre useing the male threaded jets .. otherwise when tightening the large nut you have to hold the jet in place to keep the spray pattern straight..

Name
Nate W.
Walt said:
KevinL said:
Try a blower at the bottom of the stairs.

And have it blowing on me while I work?? Dry times not an issue.

Or you could have the air path at the top of the strairs letting one wheel over hang the landing, so it blows the steam away for you. I believe KevinL was talking about having the air mover blow the steam away for you.

Greenie

Spurling said:
You may want a removable plate .. unless youre useing the male threaded jets .. otherwise when tightening the large nut you have to hold the jet in place to keep the spray pattern straight..

They are 1/4" Vee jets, so the deep socket would work, but I could make a bolt on plate everyone could use, just have to drill two tiny holes?

I love the tool, extremely versatile! Good for tight spots, under beds, motor coaches, etc. but it does get real steamy. IMO, a heat shield would make this tool as close to perfect as you can get!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom