give me your honest opinion on the best rotary out there

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I see where you’re getting on the crb used being the same as a rotary.

The crb was less than 5min on that job. I’m paranoid that they’ll do more damage than good so I don’t spend any long time agitating. The time was still so much faster than a rotary.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I do lots of piss jobs and nothing, other than a claw, digs more piss out of carpet and even the backing as my rotary.

I’m talking about piss jobs with deep puddles. I never had a callback when I use my T-Rex Jr.

Also, when I empty my waste tank after using my rotary on nasty carpet, the water looks like puke. Not the same with a wand.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I was an avid RotoVac user for years. I bought the 360i and cleaned everything with it. I got very efficient and customers really loved the process and how neat I was with the swirls.

Then a few years ago, I bought a Devastator Wand and a 10” CRB.

I’ve all but abandoned the RotoVac because of the chinsey looking construction. It has held up well but looks like a toy.

But I miss it. My body really feels it after a long day swinging the wand. Even just a big residential job. The Kid is 44 and really considering a move toward probably the RX20. I’ve been thinking about this for a long time. I think I’m willing to hoist it out of the van because it pays me back when I’m inside. I used to take the rotary in first, all the way upstairs, while I was fresh and had the most energy.

Where would one get a solid deal on a new RX20 Nexgen?

F

FB7777

I don’t think an RX20 is the answer your current situation

that beast is heavy, and loves to eat legs and scratch any floor surface it comes in contact with... great for open area commercial but residential its awkward

it’s definitely not a ‘toy’ like the 360i brush head but it will be sitting next to it in your shop inside of 3 months

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I’m an RX20 fan, but I am mostly commercial and pull a trailer too! Holy smokes, if you’re tired after a big residential, think how tired you’ll be after hoisting that thing. Who gives a crap what the Rotovac looks like, go back to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like my rotovacs. Yes, the handles can be a little flimsy but if you don't throw it around like a piece of trash, it will work just fine. Nothing outscrubs the brush head.

Reactions: Mikey P

U. S. VET.

Name
U. S. VET.
I only use my zipper for energy saving on huge jobs, not for trashed carpet.

I still hold my challenge to trashed carpet. Let me prespray my goodies on my side after I prevac, maybe use my crb, and wand it vs your trashed side with your 360i procedure.
Does the RX-20 get to CRB also ?
That CRB is going to do 2/3 of the job before t Wand goes to work. Leave t CRB out or both CRB

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
At my Son-in-law’s Honda dealership, the GM let one of his friends put his 18 or 19 Corvette on the showroom floor to try to sell. That was a duck outta water!!!

Name
Steve Lawrence
Used both the low speed and hi speed RX-20 for many years mostly residential carpet with very, very few issues. Superior cleaning but a few small problems along the way--like ripping up water damaged (rotted) carpet, or helping to cause occasional carpet relaxing that required restreatching. But the normal great results were worth it. Especially with our Ballweber machine with its' #5 Sutorbilt, yowza! Still got 3 hi speed RX-20's. Anyone need one?

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
I think I got one somewhere. I put it in an 83 chevy 3/4 ton. Had it 17 years! Ill post a pic sometime. Look for it in a new thread about our old rides.
Oh yeah, may as well come clean. 2 blowers, 2 new Graham heliflow heat exchangers, a lot of water pumps and rebuilds, 2 waste tanks, 3 gmc engines--2-350's and a 305, 2 shafts, 2-3 mufflers, not sure--they were huge but really worked well, this machine was pretty quiet--better than Butler volume. Yikes! When I sold it for 3 grand in 2000 it was letting engine exhaust in the cab through a hole in the floor, yuch! At least it still kicked butt! RIP, Arnie Ballweber (probably dead by now but not sure but he'd probably be 110 years old by now). Thanks for a great machine, Arnie!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom