Glassy Tile

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
What is this type called? Some areas have a glass like reflection and some areas are so scuffed up it looks dull. You can actually see scuff lines in the traffic pattern. How do you clean it? Will it need some kind of buffing when done?
Tile 1.JPG
Tile 2.JPG

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
looks to be a compact limestone.

need to look at those grout lines- looks to be peeling up like it was caulked- hard to tell from pics.

If her goals are hi-polish, would need full diamond and compound

Also need to test for topical, as that first pic looks suspect-as far as shine/ reflection

Reactions: Kellie Hiler

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah..

My guess is topical over Limestone...

How hungry are you?

Call me in the AM if you see want to give it a go

831 588 9063

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
When I take jobs like this I just tell them I clean only. If they want more than that I refer them to another guy. It would be fun to know how to polish but I don't have the time or drive. Already have a huge customer base for it.

Reactions: Mikey P

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
That looks like Jerusalem Gold Limestone...we have quite a bit of that out here. There's many routes to take after stripping the crud off, hone /polish after or just polish after... depends what the customer wants with their budget.

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
Yes Jerusalem gold limestone-soft stone-seems to have a light coating of wax-after stripping it is a pretty straight forward refinishing job.
Sometimes it could be best to wait until you had some training and the proper tools.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom