Glide Wand ?

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Hello. Coming from a Prochem Quad Jet S bend wand. Has anyone here used this particular Prochem wand and switched to a wand with a built in glide. I personally am not a fan of glides, however find it much more easier to train a tech with a glide. So I'm looking for something comparible. Obviously I can put a glide on my Prochem wand but makes no sense with the weight of the wand. If your gonna glide I am thinking your wand may as well be light. Also wondering if built in glides are in better because adding glide and taking jets up that much higher from surface may not be as good??. I will use a glide every so often on a style of cut pile carpet that is very difficult without. (not sure on the fiber name but it creates too much suction, results have pretty bad pooling look too) BTW, 11 inch wand is choice as well.... Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I learned on a prochem quad with no glide and I used the wand with just a lip glide in one of the lips, a full glide and no glide. The lip glide was the best for that wand for the reasons you mentioned with the water jets not being affected and it still helping train the new guys, yet provide a really good water recovery.

Mikey P

Administrator
The Sapphire 12" is the closest wand you find to the PC Quad.

But it needs $30 in new jets to work perfectly with a Glide

Only the Evolution wands have a true "built in Glide" but you'll hate it coming from a heavy S bend. Cant get a new one any ways right now.

Techs might like it though..

The SSti12 is my personal fave, and I just so happen to sell them @ www.greenglides.com

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
I learned on a prochem quad with no glide and I used the wand with just a lip glide in one of the lips, a full glide and no glide. The lip glide was the best for that wand for the reasons you mentioned with the water jets not being affected and it still helping train the new guys, yet provide a really good water recovery.
The lip glide is new to me. Where can I find this? Thanks!

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Got the glides, thanks. Is it installed forward or aft? Also does it just click right on or need to be pry open?

Over the years I have used glides, just got away the last 5 or 10 years. So I have a few old cracked ones on the shelf. Would you like them back (free)? Thinking maybe you can melt and reuse....I was just keeping then for some oddball project in the future that never happened yet. I saw 2 old ones but think I may have more.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Cleaned over 800 sq ft of old cut pile carpet that usually fights back, return customer of many many years. New lip glide had me smiling the whole job. Some old berber that would have a horrible sound like finger nails scratching a chalk board was not an issue with the glide as well. (Dry carpet in sunroom, old). This exceeded my expectation. I love the fact that you saw my post, had a custom glide that fit my needs for a particular wand, and got it to me, and it worked for me all within a few days. This opens up some doors for me now. Sucked up a dime then a quarter, no problem. First dresser I moved had all kinds of debris and I was able to vacuum up as well. Game changer. Thanks.
A5712665-D245-426E-B0B2-1BAB0EEE44A6.jpg

4F6EA0CC-D74C-4EAF-9039-090CDFF95BFD.jpg

8C5974A1-E08E-4725-AF0C-68CD6293A882.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikey P

Administrator
Cleaned over 800 sq ft of old cut pile carpet that usually fights back, return customer of many many years. New lip glide had me smiling the whole job. Some old berber that would have a horrible sound like finger nails scratching a chalk board was not an issue with the glide as well. (Dry carpet in sunroom, old). This exceeded my expectation. I love the fact that you saw my post, had a custom glide that fit my needs for a particular wand, and got it to me, and it worked for me all within a few days. This opens up some doors for me now. Sucked up a dime then a quarter, no problem. First dresser I moved had all kinds of debris and I was able to vacuum up as well. Game changer. Thanks.
Glad its working for your needs.

Ill have to try a lip on my PCQJ

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Another 2 jobs today I needed the glide. Timing couldn't have been better. This was about 450 sq ft of super resistant to the wand cut pile carpet, seriously would have destroyed my day. Came out real nice, almost didn't want to groom it. The effort was perfect. I like the way they are drying too. Ended up with a bonus job next door for a small rug. Used it there too. This is litteraly a game changer.

Mikey P

Administrator
Another 2 jobs today I needed the glide. Timing couldn't have been better. This was about 450 sq ft of super resistant to the wand cut pile carpet, seriously would have destroyed my day. Came out real nice, almost didn't want to groom it. The effort was perfect. I like the way they are drying too. Ended up with a bonus job next door for a small rug. Used it there too. This is litteraly a game changer.
lol...you really should try my Hybrid glide on that thing.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
View attachment 113913

View attachment 113914

View attachment 113915

Sucked up a dime AND a quarter. Did you discount the job by 35 cents?

• Wow
Reactions: Mikey P

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Such a game changer. Did miles of a historically back breaking carpet yesterday. This lip glide made it the perfect job. I would say I use it on at least 80 percent of jobs now. Better late than never

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
yes. I always had one on standby for the impossible carpets. Felt too easy and didn't like the slots. The lip is the perfect modification. Telling you no bs, it changed my whole perspective on the future. I am charged up.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Hello. Coming from a Prochem Quad Jet S bend wand. Has anyone here used this particular Prochem wand and switched to a wand with a built in glide. I personally am not a fan of glides, however find it much more easier to train a tech with a glide. So I'm looking for something comparible. Obviously I can put a glide on my Prochem wand but makes no sense with the weight of the wand. If your gonna glide I am thinking your wand may as well be light. Also wondering if built in glides are in better because adding glide and taking jets up that much higher from surface may not be as good??. I will use a glide every so often on a style of cut pile carpet that is very difficult without. (not sure on the fiber name but it creates too much suction, results have pretty bad pooling look too) BTW, 11 inch wand is choice as well.... Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Yeah glide or no glide the prochem quad is heavy

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Probably smart strand creates massive lockdown.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Probably smart strand creates massive lockdown.
omg, like glue. I am a new man with this glide, now I'm like "Bring It!" Thankfully (most) carpet is on the floor and gravity is my friend with this setup. I LOVE it

Reactions: SamIam
F

FB7777

The Sapphire 12" is the closest wand you find to the PC Quad.

The SSti12 is my personal fave, and I just so happen to sell them @ www.greenglides.com
Unless they discontinue making them, I would NEVER go back to a non swivel carpet cleaning wand

and why on earth is the SSti12 non swivel wand more expensive than a 14 inch Devastator?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom