glide

campusman1

i put my glide on today and it was the first time ive used one not bad i was in a pretty good size house the first room i cleaned was at 10:02 when i was finished with the job at about 11:30 the first room was completely dry-ed i didn't believe it . the only thing i see was when i did the thicker carpets the glide would leave these like i think they looked like rakes marks its marks from the holes in the glide is that normal doe any of you guys get these marks and it must be you have to rake them out is that sound right.
if you always do what you've allways done youll always get what you always got.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
which glide you got?? the slot glide like mine leaves more marks...

but on the thicker carpets it also means its a bit wetter...go over dry again and I bet they leave..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mr. Slide said:
Haven't seen that happen ? :?

you don't clean mAny cut piles then
Or your TM has REALLY weak vac

Scot, it's "normal" to see those lines on most cut pile carpets.

groom them out

if you don't groom them, Mike and Todd will call you a HACK
(with or with out a glide)

..L.T.A.

campusman1

i have the glide for the steamway wand not the holes its the sloted one on the thicker carpet the marks are noticeable im pretty sure the marks are from the slots i got down and while my friend was pushing the wand you could see the slots making the marks i called the distributor he said it would be more noticeable on the thicker carpets but you wont see them on the berbers.

TimP

The lines you see are from the holes in the glide. That's where the vacuum is pulling the carpet. I believe Greenie has said he spaced the holes the same width as the tufts are apart in the backing. It's quite normal. I wouldn't worry about marks or patterns in the carpet, it all dries and comes out anyway. Plus if you aren't a hack you'd groom and it would come out anyway.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
campusman1 said:
i have the glide for the steamway wand not the holes its the sloted one on the thicker carpet the marks are noticeable im pretty sure the marks are from the slots i got down and while my friend was pushing the wand you could see the slots making the marks i called the distributor he said it would be more noticeable on the thicker carpets but you wont see them on the berbers.

true, you won't see it on berbers or loop piles
and as you suspect, it is from the "nub"(s) that keeps the glide from collapsing under vac.
It's normal.
Some carpet types it's more noticeable than others

..L.T.A.

campusman1

thanks guys i thought i did something wrong, the glide is from greenie ill make ill rake the carpets from now on i really cant believe how fast the carpet had dry-ed this was my first day with it . it wasn't as bad as i thought . tomorrow the village lodge we will see how long that takes to dry I'm doing it at 8 in the am the need to use the room tomorrow night at 6.

G

meAt said:
Mr. Slide said:
Haven't seen that happen ? :?

( Also it may be the support bars in the Glide are leaving the lines, as there is no, are little suction there, requiring at least 2 pass to clean an area complete.) "An update" that's is as I can tell, with Ken's Glides.
As i have been informed that greeine's has undercut his support bars.

you don't clean mAny cut piles then
Or your TM has REALLY weak vac

I clean quite a bit of cut pile.
No, strong T.M., 31H.P.

But my Glide is the " Quick Change Slider" the Slots only have "2" support bars , which are undercut a 1/4 in. so pure vacuum all the way across! :D

And I don't use Hole Glides, because I don't like them, Why? because during "lock-down" <(meaning full contact) on carpet, the space between the holes is not getting shit for suction ! IMO :lol:
EXCEPT for my "Super Twin Vac" because the holes are staggered, full coverage every stroke .
:D Cheers, AL :) :) :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom