Glides and Truckmounts

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Truckmounts have lots of suction, so to make it easier on us, we use glides. Makes sense.

My question is if a certain glide is needed to make a certain truckmount something we can live with daily, then why not just buy a smaller truckmount and use something like a lip glide that doesn’t restrict airflow, along with an efficient wand?

We all know glides restrict airflow. That’s why a holed glide is easier to push than a long slotted glide. They are both made of the same Teflon, so it’s got to be airflow restriction that makes it easier to push.

If glides didn’t restrict airflow, holed glides wouldn’t be easier on people who will die soon... Marty.

I digress... we all love big, cool truckmounts, but what if the glide needed to live with that truckmount restricts as much, or more airflow than a smaller truckmount with a more open glide?

Last edited:
F

FB7777

‘If glides didn’t restrict airflow, holed glides wouldn’t be easier on people who will die soon... Marty‘

I already like this guy regardless of the point he is attempting to make ... which is most likely pointless and absent of intelligence anyways

Reactions: Meter Maid

Mikey P

Administrator
And I highly recommend you go borrow a metal lipped wand and see how many dry strokes you're going to want to make and pay attention to how many baseboardsjust and transition strips you **** up.

Pay attention to your dry times too has a locked down wand as horrible lift

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The Teflon has less friction than the steel, making it easier to push the wand. I use Teflon slot glides on all of my wands. The Teflon glide is much wider than the steel glides and prevents the wand from digging into the carpet. The glides allow you to get the full benefit of your tm or porty. It's not rocket science. I have no use for a hole glide.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
And I highly recommend you go borrow a metal lipped wand and see how many dry strokes you're going to want to make and pay attention to how many baseboardsjust and transition strips you **** up.

Pay attention to your dry times too has a locked down wand as horrible lift
I’m talking about the Mach 12 glide that is made of Teflon.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I’m talking about the Mach 12 glide that is made of Teflon.
I have one. Yes it has more bite than a rounded glide. Still easier to push than steel glides. I use the mach 12 with a 36, 45 and 47 blower without difficulty. It's all in your technique.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
And just remember..............because of that airflow restriction......it puts a lot more stress on your machine. So a large machine might be over kill when a smaller blower can ride the peak and be balanced.
That was I’m thinking.

If I’m on a 45 blower and a slotted glide, I’m about where I want to be as far as effort versus result, what would be the benefit of a larger machine? If anything, I’d have to increase my effort, or put on a holed glide to keep effort the same, which would cancel out the benefit of the bigger blower.

Make sense?

Reactions: Jimmy L

Mikey P

Administrator
for single wanding residential carpet, a 4 series blower and a great 1.5/12" GLIDED wand and KILLER technique is your goal

Get a Sapphire Titanium 12 or Dev 12 and rejoin the conversation when you're done speculating.

Reactions: Mr Brightside

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
for single wanding residential carpet, a 4 series blower and a great 1.5/12" GLIDED wand and KILLER technique is your goal

Get a Sapphire Titanium 12 or Dev 12 and rejoin the conversation when you're done speculating.
You’re not following my original question.

It’s not whether or not to use a glide, it’s whether or not a bigger machine makes sense if you have to restrict airflow to be able to push the wand. .

I’m sold on glides.

BTW, when will you have a glide for my EVO?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Pinch a garden hose to see the reverse of this principle. The pinch has to be at the END of the hose to work.

Likewise the air stream.
Right and a glide is pinching off the airflow which increases velocity... easy concept.

But at the cost of flow. What’s more important?

Mikey P

Administrator
you misunderstood, I was working on building awareness to the fact that we offer a Teflon version.

We sell very few of them due to the fact that the OEM plastic glide cost $79

and most cleaners are dumb.

There is an "alternative" glide for that wand a a few other that I'm working on but we can't talk about that yet.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Hook up 300ft of vac hose with or without a glide. Start wanding at 600psi. After 10minutes, how quiet is the suction from water in the hose?

My point is, smaller truckmounts have a slower recovery time, causing longer dry times

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Truckmounts have lots of suction, so to make it easier on us, we use glides. Makes sense.
Chris,
This has been covered before, but for all the newbies...

You're supposed to use a glide to make the wand easier to push. Make up for the lack of agitation by prescrubbing or using a rotary extractor. If you just want to wand clean, turn your pressure up to 600+psi. Make up for the lack of water recovery by running two hoses to a 'Y' fitting and a 2" lead hose to a 2" wand. This will be so hard to move that you'll thank the stars you use a glide.

At least, until you go out of business from all the extra time involved, since only three Boeing engineers will pay extra when you explain the reasons your set-up is better.

Or, you wise up, pitch it all, and buy a jiggly pad machine. :twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom