Glides and Truckmounts

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
for single wanding residential carpet, a 4 series blower and a great 1.5/12" GLIDED wand and KILLER technique is your goal

Get a Sapphire Titanium 12 or Dev 12 and rejoin the conversation when you're done speculating.
I messaged Mikey a year or more back about the sapphire 12 I bought it for my legend gt and it is a great match!
The 4mlv blower isn’t bad but not good either but it sure matches up with that wand

Reactions: Cleanworks

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A wand without a glide is going to suck itself down on the carpet and lock..the HG is going to shoot up to whatever you have it set for..( most have it around 14 to 15 ) and the vac relief is going to open up and have to relieve the vacuum pressure on the blower from that point you lost lift at the wand.. ..or you're not going to be able to move that wand without working yourself to death.........glides were invented and what they found out was that you are better dry times with the wand not locking down..even though the HG's have dropped....because the glide does not allow the wand to lock down and choke the flow of the air..and this is actually giving you more lift with less HG's and also not choking your machine...and at the same time making it easier on you to move the wand....so less..became more...so when you see people saying that there's is set at 15...16..or..17....and they are using a glide... it does not matter...you can set it at 20..and most are not going to see 13....because that setting is just if it gets blocked off and has to relieve the blower..and with a glide...the air is flowing free...and the relief should not have to open...

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You see it more dramatically on a portable. One of my portable machines is a Mytee Speedster with 2-3 stage vacuums. Using a glided wand, (slot glide) improves the performance that a few years ago I was posting that it seems like I get 110% recovery. Of course, it's not that good, but we put 2 pails in and we usually get 2 pails out. Probably about 90-95% recovery. I get lots of comments on how fast the carpets dried. With an unglided wand I am lucky to get 60-75% recovery. It's much harder to measure on the truck but one of the advantages of having a glided wand, it encourages to do more dry passes as it's so easy to move.

Mikey P

Administrator
You see it more dramatically on a portable. One of my portable machines is a Mytee Speedster with 2-3 stage vacuums. Using a glided wand, (slot glide) improves the performance that a few years ago I was posting that it seems like I get 110% recovery. Of course, it's not that good, but we put 2 pails in and we usually get 2 pails out. Probably about 90-95% recovery. I get lots of comments on how fast the carpets dried. With an unglided wand I am lucky to get 60-75% recovery. It's much harder to measure on the truck but one of the advantages of having a glided wand, it encourages to do more dry passes as it's so easy to move.
Thats impressive!

Which wand and glide combo?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Thats impressive!

Which wand and glide combo?
Mainly with the Mach 12 but I also get good results with the AW29 with the 4 slot glide. I prefer the Mach 12 as you can feel the bite a little more due to the flatness of the glide. The round glide doesn't feel the same yet still seems to work just as well. On my big portable I use my 2 inch westpak with a round slot glide as the Mach 12 wants to lock down.

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I don’t think most read my question.

I’ll never not use a glide.

I’m sold on glides. That wast not what my post was about.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Here:

If I run a 47 blower and use a holed glide to make it pushable.

Then, I run a 45 blower with a big slotted glide, which allows more airflow (the glide).

Wouldn’t the two be pretty comparable?

That was my question.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Here:

If I run a 47 blower and use a holed glide to make it pushable.

Then, I run a 45 blower with a big slotted glide, which allows more airflow (the glide).

Wouldn’t the two be pretty comparable?

That was my question.
If you can’t push a slot glided wand with a 47blower, you need to go to the gym

There wouldn’t be much of a comparison if both had a slotted glide.

And a holed glide is easier to push, but can leave behind more solids if your vacuum cleaner misses anything. Especially around the edge of the wall.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think you’re trying to convince yourself to buy a bigger tm. If that’s true, go big or stay where you’re at. The 47blower isn’t much better than a 45. So go 410 or 59 size.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom