Glides

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
You CAN move faster with a glide, but DON'T. That's the biggest reason a lot of the outfits who do more than 4 jobs a day say glides don't work....cause they go too fast.

The primary purpose of a glide, is and always has been ergonomics...everything else is just perks.

Take care,
Lisa

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Saves wear and tear on your body, leaves the techs with enough energy to do more jobs.
That's the biggest reason a lot of the outfits who do more than 4 jobs a day say glides don't work....cause they go too fast.
If they are going that fast, they are caring more about speed and less about quality of their work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The REAL reason guys who do more than 4 jobs a day don't use glides is because those guys usually run crews. Ever tried to get a crew person to prevacuum?

Plus, prevacuuming adds time to the job that most multi-truck operators aren't priced to compensate for.

Face it ... glides are great for owner operators who take all this bulletin board crap seriously.

Mike Draper

hogjowl said:
The REAL reason guys who do more than 4 jobs a day don't use glides is because those guys usually run crews. Ever tried to get a crew person to prevacuum?

Plus, prevacuuming adds time to the job that most multi-truck operators aren't priced to compensate for.

Face it ... glides are great for owner operators who take all this bulletin board crap seriously.

First time I ever read something smart that you said. :D

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Doc Holliday said:
I have Crowley's address if we need to call in a hit.

It needs to large caliber though, that dude is going to as hard to bring down as a rhino. :wink:

More like an elephant.

harryhides

Name
Tony
My Techs just love the glides, we ask our customers to pre-vac and if on the rare occasion that it has not been done we will pre-vac.
The other big plus for me is that I no longer worry about scratched ( real or otherwise ) wood or ceramic floors and baseboards. It also allows for cleaning synthetic rugs on site.

Long story short, get a few and do your own tests.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've had tendonitis in both arms for years. I probably couldn't do this stupid job without glides. So I blame Greenie and Lisa that I'm a carpet cleaner instead of something respectable.

Name
jack zerkie
Without a glide I couldn,t do as much work. Saturday cleaned over 8 thousand sq. ft 3 jobs that day and also was my 68 birthday. I don,t think I could without a glide.Once in a while I remove the glide to clean it and use the wand the old way, but not for long. I like to think that I do okey for a old fart, but not without the glide.My health is good except for high blood pressure and cholersterol, but at this age it,s great to clean a dirty carpet.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
with a glide the tendency is to pull/push it faster because you don't need all that muscle that you did with an non-glided wand.
If you go at the same speed however, it will outperform a non-glided wand.
Witha greenhorn style wand, going a little slower actually improves the flushing ability. Most wands retrofitted with a glide still spray almost straight down into the carpet. Going slow with a wand like that will leave more water in the carpet unless you follow up with a good dry stroke. I've used it all 3 ways, a normal AW29 non-glided, and with a glide, and the greenhorn. Greenhorn gives the best performance by far.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
JACK ZERKIE said:
Without a glide I couldn,t do as much work. Saturday cleaned over 8 thousand sq. ft 3 jobs that day and also was my 68 birthday. I don,t think I could without a glide.Once in a while I remove the glide to clean it and use the wand the old way, but not for long. I like to think that I do okey for a old fart, but not without the glide.My health is good except for high blood pressure and cholersterol, but at this age it,s great to clean a dirty carpet.

You know if you call me the next time you need glides, you get them free for as long as you are still pushing the wand? Anyone over 60 gets 'em free. Most distributors honor this as well.

Take care,
Lisa

Name
Nate W.
truckmount girl said:
[quote="JACK ZERKIE":2ta83mjo]Without a glide I couldn,t do as much work. Saturday cleaned over 8 thousand sq. ft 3 jobs that day and also was my 68 birthday. I don,t think I could without a glide.Once in a while I remove the glide to clean it and use the wand the old way, but not for long. I like to think that I do okey for a old fart, but not without the glide.My health is good except for high blood pressure and cholersterol, but at this age it,s great to clean a dirty carpet.

You know if you call me the next time you need glides, you get them free for as long as you are still pushing the wand? Anyone over 60 gets 'em free. Most distributors honor this as well.

Take care,
Lisa[/quote:2ta83mjo]

Feeling 60 doesn't count....? :lol:

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
JACK ZERKIE said:

Wow! Good for you! That is an incredible endorsement! - Lisa should put that on her website!

Name
jack zerkie
Thank you Lisa for the offer but it takes a while to wear out the glides, and old age has some advantges. The city here gives you your lic. free at age 65 and on, but not the county lic.My first unit was a portable used steamex with a 3or4 jet wand and it was set with propane unit that leaked. I purchased a large 15 gal Hoover portable and a 175 scrubber and still have it today. Wow have times changed for me anyway.The new units have come along way also the cleaning ability to do the work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom