Glue down - adhesive problem

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I am cleaning the carpet at my church last year and on pulpit-stage there was a line of a tape so I used an adhesive remover on the line and thought I took care of it but now about five months later a darker line has appeared and continuosly is getting darker. How do I completely remove the adhesive?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Clean and clean and clean and clean and clean...........tell them NO TAPE ON CARPET PLEASE :mrgreen:

harryhides

Name
Tony
As long as you are only removing the dirt stuck to the adhesive it will "look" clean but will surely re-soil fairly rapidly depending on the traffic.
If you use a solvent to remove the adhesive there is a risk of delamination if you use too much.

When you think you have removed all of the adhesive, I'd suggest applying some of Steve Smith's Encapsulating POG. His web-site is
http://www.vacaway.com/

John Watson

How I remove Tape stickum pucky is to while wearing a disposable glove is to pour Citra Sol on a towel, Give the affected area a good toweling and then rinse again. Works for me.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Along the lines of John's recommendation: Use a gel solvent and agitate with a brush or towel. Let it dwell for a few minutes and rinse. While the area is still wet, run your hand across the area and see if it feels greasy where the tape was. If so, there's still adhesive residue there and you need to go over it again.

An encap can hide the problem for awhile, but it will eventually reappear. If you clean the carpet regularly you may be able to reclean the area on your next visit, but if you don't you're just delaying the date you'll have to go back to fix the problem correctly.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Mike, just kidding you. Citrus-gel spotter like said above and a good rinsing. may take 2 cleanings. Good luck. :wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom