Glue letting loose on commercial carpet tiles

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You did the correct thing on that day. Just to bad you did not ask the judge that if in the best intrest of pulic realtions that he wave his wages for that paticular case so nobody would have to pay,including the tax payer.
Judges can be such pussy dick heads.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I would agree most of the time you are right but I did feel like he was a fair man and I was the fool for putting myself in this position. I get tired of people that want something for free. My wife works for Sam's Club and people always thing when anything is priced wrong or goes wrong they should get it free. I was waging my own private war against those types of people......yep I was foolish. About as foolish as arguing with a thick headed Canadian about the use of dryfoam. :p

randy

Name
Randy
You guys have the worst justice system in the world in Micigan. I was just in Romulus last week helping a friend with his case, a criminal arrest that never should have happened. Illegal stop, illegal search and seizure and assault by four police officers all wrapped up in one huge display of abuse of power. In Micigan you can be defended by the advocate of your choice and he could afford an attorney so yours truly tried his first jury case. Not guilty on all four charges. The police officers were incredibly ignorant of criminal arrest procedures and ignored HIBEL, Miranda and other major Supreme Court rulings. The prosecutor was a real estate attorney that prosecutes cases two days a week. He had this idea that Micigan state statues preempt US Supreme Court rulings. Objected 32 times on everything from questions about the officers height and weight ( they claimed that four officers had difficulty getting the arrested person from the vecical and that's why a 130 lb guy was body slammed) even attempt to object to a jury trial. Hilarious experience. If you travel through Romulus have one of those clip on micro-video recorders ($89) in the vecical. These idiots were the worst cops I have ever dealt with.

Last fall the police chief, his wife and a number of officers were arrested for stealing drugs , drug dealing and stealing money from drug dealers. The prosecutor didn't like my mentioning that to the jury either.

Reactions: Art Kelley

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Well this was a very disturbing thread. Any resolution to this rug curling issue Brian or Ken?

harryhides

Name
Tony
Brian, did all of the tiles that had been cleaned cup or just some of them.
In which case which ones, high traffic, most soiled ??
If there are not too many, you'd be surprised what can be done with a glue gun and a hammer down the edges of the cupped ones.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
For some reason, after reading this thread, its about "How not to be responsible" for an issue instead of sucking it up and fixing the problem.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Go to the Sears thread. Dave thought those two clowns were not responsible for the hole they burnt in the carpet. I cant imagine how many living rooms Dave has screwed up. No wonder he has to fake up so many fake Google Reviews.

Golden Boy

Mike Draper

We had this happen once. We clean a large store regularly. Half of it is old carpet squares that we scrub with cimex and then steam clean really hot and speed dry. nothing has ever happend with these, then the other half of the store had brand new carpet squares put down, we lightly steam cleaned them the first time and all the edges popped up. Had a carpet inspector come up the next day and he said it was faulty glue. The carpet installer came over and re-applied more of the same faulty glue to get them to stick back down. Bottom line is, I now encap them each time, no more steam cleaning on the bad half of the store. I'd get it fixed ASAP befoer a customer trips over the squares and wants to sure the store.

Dirty Swirler

Name
Joel Hoppe
From e-mailing Lewis Migliore and reading his article it is not any cleaners fault. But we still get blamed and lose the commercial account.
Had similar problem with squares from 2 different Mfgs and each had different "recomendations for how to clean" One said low moisture only and other said HWE only. I think Lewis has the most experience since he has been dealing with being a expert witness in cases like this for many years.
http://www.lgmandassociates.com/2012-01-01-substrates-curling-carpet-tile-adhesive-and-installation/

http://www.lgmandassociates.com/2012-03-01-how-much-curl-is-acceptable/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom