Going To Wrap This Around My Little Giant

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Why not? Its been so fooken cold I have no other options. Not going to smoke another 1000 dollar coil.

Mike Draper

You said you didnt freeze the coil in the first place so why would you need that damn thing?:stir:

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Im frustrated Draper. Ive done everything to keep it toasty. You think this wrap is a good idea? 800 bucks not a big deal if it works.

Golden Boy

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Is your metal van floor covered with something(insulation, plywood, mat or carpet)? I have my LG raised up off the floor surface about 4". Assorted005.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for probably less then $50...you could get a good electric blanket and a few furniture pads to help hold in the heat.....

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Last edited:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
crazy lookin setup you have there, very clean . Is that like a rebuilt hydro genie truckmount ?

Its and old TurboTech Commander. The only original parts are the frame and the clutch switch. 23 hrs Kohler coupled to a Roots 45 with a Dodge coupler, Cat 340 and 95 gallon SS recovery tank. Its a great unit, been my back up now for 7 years.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Just buy a electric blanket then wrap it with some of that foil looking rolled insulation.

Have you ever covered the whole van with a cover to block air flow underneath??

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I have ran anti freeze through mine a number of times. It really doesn't take that Lind and just run it into a bucket at your first job.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I got the coil fixed last time.. This is the first time I have froze it. You think this coil can be fixed this time?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
WalDoh, instead of spending $800 bukz just to protect the heater, why not spend a few hundred "super insulating" and wind-proofing the box of your box truck??

then a couple heaters would keep it warm

..L.T.A.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Uncle LaRrY how many brain cells did u fry in your DrInKing dayz? I have two inch stryofoam all the way around it covered by thick plywood covered my commercial carpet. Except on the floor all I have is carpet. Tuesday my 175 gallon fresh water tank tipped over. Stuff froze on the floor I think it turned it into a icebox.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Uncle LaRrY how many brain cells did u fry in your DrInKing dayz? I have two inch stryofoam all the way around it covered by thick plywood covered my commercial carpet. Except on the floor all I have is carpet. Tuesday my 175 gallon fresh water tank tipped over. Stuff froze on the floor I think it turned it into a icebox.

you have ton of air leaks from somewhere(s)

just buy a 23K BTU kero convection heater ($120 bukz) for the coldest nights
Put a fan in the box to circulate the hot air

and stop being a dumbazz with your hairbrained idea of a $800 heated heater blanket :icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.

Reactions: GCCLee

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
you have ton of air leaks from somewhere(s)

just buy a 23K BTU kero convection heater ($120 bukz) for the coldest nights
Put a fan in the box to circulate the hot air

and stop being a dumbazz with your hairbrained idea of a $800 heated heater blanket :icon_rolleyes:

..L.T.A.

lol

C&S

Name
Scott
I use one of those lazer pointed thermometers it works great for wondering what the temp is in the top of the van and in the bottom.

Mike Draper

seriously though. Grab a snail fan, tilt it up at an angle. Get the best damn heater you can find and the snail fan should circulate all the air just fine from the ground up. I have an oil filled heater and a mini snail fan that keeps my truck comfortably above freezing on the floor till it drops to -10 degrees outside. I run both the heater and the snail fan on high.

http://www.globalindustrial.com/p/h...utm_campaign=Personal&infoParam.campaignId=WR

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom