Gold dust in carpet repairs.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I still like to pre inspect most jobs... however, when the job location is 1/2 hr drive away or further, I encourage the client to email me pictures of the damage.

I ask a few very specific questions, followed by some fairly clear instructions of what I want photos of.

I did this one this morning, 3 year old carpet with an exploding log throwing embers everywhere. I quoted an even $300 +TAX and travel. This was insurance and of course was a guaranteed yes when compared to replacement although the clients were cautious about a repair. It went way easy and I was in and out in 1.25 hours including time to sit down with them both for a coffee :wink:

IMG_3880.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

John

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
Nice John - how do you get the bits right up on the tackless? Do you put a board behind it and put the KG on it?

safeclean

John you are a magician thats excatly how I would of patched it.

This is where a Kool Glide comes in handy makes the job faster and I now believe it improves the quality of the patch by the heat it produces under the backing during bonding, I have had a few smokey bears lately I think it may have something to do with the quality of the carpet the thinner jute backings and fibres the more chance of it burning through sometimes instanly and thats on the low setting I fixed this by only leaving the KG on half the recommended time.

Craig

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Craig, my very first job with the KG back 15 months or so ago was a very cheap poly prop (olefin for you US types here :lol: ) and even on a low setting, I burnt a section.

DSCN2320.jpg

Fortunately it was on the insert so I just pulled it out and did another :oops:

John

S

Smart Choice Glenn

John, you never cease to amaze me with your quality work!!

Glenn

ksokalski

Beautiful work John!

Would there have been an advantage/disadvantage to creating 1 larger insert over creating many small ones?

Kris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom