Good News for Genesis DXT Owners

Doug Cox said:
Les Said
"This man has only wasted about $40,000 already on a machine that doesn’t work half the time"

Ain't that the fricking truth. Powerclean was a worthless company to get support from and I would love to help a guy out to solve a problem than to see him spend thousands more.
Doug,

As long as it has all those gadgets on it, it’s not going to work.

Walt

Like Les said, the TNT has the engine mounted such that the engine fan also blows the hot air out the back door. Most TM's have the engine mounted so the hot air is blown to the passenger side cargo wall. This is a big advantage on the TNT - hot air doesn't get as "stuck" in the van. Only on the hottest days do I even bother running my roof fan.

Mikey P

Administrator
Merfy, what type of roof vent/fan are you using and have you ran a stove pipe from your LG up and through the roof?

My next move.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I seriously don't remember the name brand, but I got it at an RV repair place. It was one of the more expensive ones they had and it was supposed to be the best. The day I got it it would suck the sweat off my head if I cracked the window, but now it just sorta puffs along at 1/4 speed.

I have not vented my heater ... last thing I want is another hole in my roof. I may want to sell that van one day ...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Back when we had heaters we had roof vents up front and the stove pipe thing in the rear.

As you drove air would pass through the van and out the back windows to cool the van.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Best van I ever had, in relation to heat management, was an old 1989 Ford F-250 converted passenger van with pop out windows in the rear and all along the sides.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Do they make pop out windows any more?

We had those roof vents that looked like a hood scoops back in the day.

They forced the fresh air in and then it went right out the pop out windows.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Marty said:
Best van I ever had, in relation to heat management, was an old 1989 Ford F-250 converted passenger van with pop out windows in the rear and all along the sides.

You mean a "church bus"?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We still have one it's 01 Ford 1-ton 15-passenger, the Fire Crews use it.

We 've taken a couple of rows out so they can carry their equipment with them. It's out at a fire right now or I'd get a picture.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
kippy newberg said:
Marty said:

You mean a "church bus"?

I think he means the short bus....

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Assorted004.jpg

This is what I've done to vent the LG outside. One elbow on top of the heater, a length of pipe out to the side of the van, and another elbow that I can put on when I open the door. Works great and has absolutely no negative effect on the heater performance.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
When I first got my PowerClean Victory I would only get 40-50 hrs on a set of belts. I made many changes to the system and most of them helped to where I was getting 400 hrs on a set of belts. After the charging stator on the Kohler failed for the second time I decided to design a bracket and install an automotive type alternator. Originally the Cat pump was run off a pulley from the blower so I by-passed the blower and ran the belt off a pulley directly on the engine. It seems that taking pump belt off the blower reduce the stress on the blower belt. Since this modification I currently have almost 1000 hours on my belts. I should also mention that I also installed one of these brake cooling fans http://www.ebay.com/itm/NASCAR-RACE-CAR ... 4842847fe3 and ran the hose so it blows cooler air on the belts. The Victory used 5" pulleys and larger ones would have been nice but space wouldn't allow it in my case.
DSC00825.jpg

I did have to install a larger pulley on the alternator as the smaller one pictured didn't make sufficient contact with the belt to prevent slippage.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Misread one word in Jimmys post. Deleted post.

It's really quite sad. Powercleans are good machines if you understand how they operate, but the company and personnel weren't worth a shit. A little dumping on them on this forum got a response from Jim Nape to change, but nothing changed. Too bad.

Walt

Leslie Judson Jones said:
Walt said:
Les,

I ran into some strange stuff with the blower inlet filter at the 2000 hour mark that you might want to know about. We found a clever fix for it you may want to copy or improve on. Oddly I changed my belts at the 1000 hour mark. No problems there. Maybe they put larger pullies on mine.

My prediction is that you end up with the ultimate reliable dual wand machine. That machine should not have a blower beat exchanger.

Looking forward to updates. Maybe I'll send you mine too.

Walt,

Thanks for the reply. It may be several months before he brings his unit to me. I told him that I would help him the best I could over the phone with any other issues to keep it going for him.

Dan really is a good guy who is in a bad situation. If you don’t mind I will pm you his phone number and maybe you can help him out until he gets the unit down to you. Also, get him to tell you about his previous truckmount purchase. That is an unbelievable story.

I missed your post Les. Feel free to have him call me. I had to mod my dxt - but never missed a day of work. Perhaps I can help

Walt

Marty said:
Seriously ... what is the difference in which door you blow the hot air out of?

When it's blowing out the back doors it's blowing heater exhaust out the back as well. Its pretty clever actually. Mind you it still gets hot in the van, just not ridiculous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom