Good or Bad Franchise

Roccolong1984

Name
Rocco
Thinking of making a leap in to the Franchise world. I have been reading up as much as possible on DKI Restoration and think its a good fit with my construction back ground. But as much as i have read there is nothing really out there from owners talking about it unless its a promotional deal. I would like to hear from as many people as possible that have owned a franchise worked with this one or anything to do with it (Restoration Franchises). Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
DKI is pretty much the heavy hitters group. Large companies, large projects. They often network together to help in areas hit by disasters.

I believe you are required to attend meeting though.

Reactions: dealtimeman

Roccolong1984

Name
Rocco
Serpro is spoken for my next thought was Dki i feel like they try to get all insurance claims , wind, water, fire, and mold and those are the jobs i prefer. we do some now i just wanna do them every day. Yes dixon is small but we are right next to interstate 44 which i would hit all towns from St. Louis to Springfield. one of my main questions is do they produce jobs consistently? Planning on calling some DKI locations and talking with them . THANKS FOR THE REPLYS

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Hi Rocco,

I was a DKI Franchisee or over 2 years. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about DKI, or in making the transition from Independent to Franchisee. BTW, the Springfield Missouri region is one of the most lucrative areas in the U.S., barring the lower southern Eastern seaboard. And for those who know little about Dixon - it is one of the most gorgeous areas of the country.

Reactions: Mikey P

amygeorge

Supportive Member
Name
Amy Lorance
I lived in Columbia, MO during the floods of '93. I called it Misery, too. However, I live in a place now that most would call misery.

Please - PLEASE do your due diligence before you buy into a franchise. In my little time in this industry - I've seen many jump in too quick to only wish they hadn't. Most went from being a cleaner that already did restoration but wanted to grow bigger and thought the franchise was the only way to do it. I'm not saying a franchise isn't a good choice - just make sure it's the right choice.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Liste to Amy.

I too have seen it Many times before and while they most of the time net much more, gross is less most of the time with liability sori g due to amount of jobs you need to complete to have the same gross you would have had to begin with.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
There are a couple companies here that have joined DKI and done very well. They were smaller companies when they got started with DKI but are now considered heavy hitters. In both cases, the owners would have been successful anyway, but they don't regret their choice to join.

Should be easy to find a few members on the DKI website to talk with.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom