Good thing this wasn't a Fire Job!!

minuteman

Dam... that Man is getting ready for something!

This reminded me... went to a two Gun shows a few months ago here in L.A. & they had no ammunition for sale to the public,
It was weird to here dealers tell you they where sold out at the stores... & could not get any for the shows.

Greg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
minuteman said:
This reminded me... went to a two Gun shows a few months ago here in L.A. & they had no ammunition for sale to the public,

Greg

bummer.
all the gun shows here have had ammo right along.
even during the height of the panic/hording there was ammo to be found..albeit at premium to "gouge 'em" pricing, but available .

things have eased quite a bit and ammo is readily available most everywhere here now.

oh, and the dude might not of been "getting ready for something"
He probably just enjoys the shooting sports and shoots a lot.

I do too

IMG_1334.jpg

100_0202.jpg

on the shelf behind that press were a couple full 1000rnd cases of pistol ammo .
(I sold a bunch of it at "gouge 'em" prices during the height of the panic/hording buy :mrgreen: )

above that are enough re-loading components on the shelf to make appx 10,000 more rnds...

I shoot a "little" bit.. :wink:

I don't know how bad it is when ammo "cooks off" in a fire.
but as I understand it, it's the brass casing that's the greatest risk, not the lead.
When not chambered in a barrel, the bullet being heavier doesn't go much of anywhere.
It launches the casing...but not anywhere near deadly velocity.
It might "poke your eye out" though.....

Smokeless powder isn't an explosive either.
It would burn very rapidly and add some serious intensity/fuel to flame, but if stored in original containers, it doesn't explode.

Black powder on the other hand, I "think" IS explosive

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom