Good Vacuum for $200-300 ?

Todd Anthony

Is there a good vacuum cleaner for 200-300w/ attachments ? Or do I have to spend 450-500 on a proteam ?

thanks
Todd

hogjowl

Idiot™
The Tornado vacuum is now carried by Wal-Mart. It's only $150 and is just as good as the Dyson, in my very humble opinion. The ONLY problem with it is the vacuum head is only like 14 inches wide.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
we have 2 sanitare dust cup 220 each been very happy with them
20 bucks for a bag which last 6 months or so

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
ProTeam 1500xp, you can find 'em on Ebay for that price range. I have 2.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
You can usually find a Royal Commercial for around $350 (list is around $500). Cast-aluminum, no plastic. I've used the same one almost every day for six years. Good performance, and they look professional.

Name
I'm Rick James
I use the Bissel Powerforce from wallyworld, $40. Its clear so the customers see the value of me vacuuming. It has 3 washable filters.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
best vac i have ever used is my bissell clearview for $50 at big lots. I will sell it to you for $200 to reach your price range. Has attachments too!

Todd Anthony

tracywalker said:
best vac i have ever used is my bissell clearview for $50 at big lots. I will sell it to you for $200 to reach your price range. Has attachments too!

I have one of the bissell powerforce that I use for my own house Tracy , they are good but I want something more professional that will last . Maybe Bissell is the best choice .

Name
I'm Rick James
Todd Anthony said:
tracywalker said:

I have one of the bissell powerforce that I use for my own house Tracy , they are good but I want something more professional that will last . Maybe Bissell is the best choice .

How is a Bissel un professional? Mine still looks good after a year and runs great.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Sorry but Bissell does not say Pro. I have 3 of them and they still work.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sometimes its hard to swallow our pride and use a vac that doesn not present as professional of an image. But when it comes down to dry soil removal, its extremley hard to beat the bissle powerforce, Turbo, momentum or cleartrack for the affordability and outstanding performance. Just today, I prevacced 8 cup fulls out of a customer's carpet who religously uses a well functioning Kirby. And he fills his bags every second cleaning. He had just finished vaccing on a new bag.

The amount of money the powerforce has saved me at home in bags on the old sanitaire would have bought two more powerforce's in addition to the one I am using.

Here is my question... If Bissel can produce such a great vac for $46.00. It makes you wonder what they could do if they went to produce a commercial rated vac just for cleaners like us. They could corner the market.

its too bad we can't get a Bissel rep on here to work with. Maybe I'll try to email the company myself.

Name
I'm Rick James
tmdry said:
Sorry but Bissell does not say Pro. I have 3 of them and they still work.

Sorry I didnt get the memo about the Bissel not being professional. Is there a minimum price a vacuum cleaner should be before it can be called professional? I bet if I get some spinners for my wheels it might help.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
$50-$300 is what most of us make on a job. Actually our min is $149, so $200-$500 shouldn't be much for something that will last.

I personally don't think Bissells make anything that in my mind looks pro, i have 3 different ones, and they work and have used them in the past for jobs, but after owning 2 pro team 1500xp's, i will never go back. The price is irrelevant to me, however i did not pay retail which is around $450, i've gotten mine for almost half. Have never let me down, got a source for bags for $45 for 100 bags. I can go 2-3 jobs depending on dry soil level with a bag, it's chump change for the bags. Cleaning out the cups got old, smelled like shit, the moldy vac smell w/ carpets that have urine sticks to the inside of the cups, it's time consuming to clean the cups. Alot of the dust in the cup will be blown back in the air, it's not sealed strong enough, you can see it when you're vaccing by the window w/ the sun light coming in. The pro team is better built imo, compare both side by side, i've done it and i prefer to use it. I'm 6'5, the 1500 stands up pretty tall too which was one of the reasons i got it.

We don't all have to agree on everything.

CleanFreak.com

Supportive Member
Name
CleanFreak.com
We also have a commercial Royal dual motor vacuum that I could sell to you with your Mikeysboard discount for $285.00 for 1 unit, plus you'd have to pay for shipping. This vacuum typically sells from us for $479.00.

The major difference is the weight, the Royal vac weighs 26 lbs., where as the Pro-Team 1500XP weighs 18 lbs.

If you're interested in either of these vacuums, please let me know.

Name
I'm Rick James
CleanFreak.com said:
We also have a commercial Royal dual motor vacuum that I could sell to you with your Mikeysboard discount for $285.00 for 1 unit, plus you'd have to pay for shipping. This vacuum typically sells from us for $479.00.

The major difference is the weight, the Royal vac weighs 26 lbs., where as the Pro-Team 1500XP weighs 18 lbs.

If you're interested in either of these vacuums, please let me know.

Wow that looks right out of the 80's. How is that more professional than a Bissel Powerforce?

topnotchman

Everyone has a choice, as long as it works well. The Bissell may work better then the more expensive vacs out there. I like walking into a customers house with something they probably haven't seen before. I look at it as a "special" vacuum so in their eyes so we look more professional and invested in top notch equipment right on down to our vacuum. Not saying the Bissell is unprofessional, I just personally like something different then what a homeowner can get down at Wal-mart. At least you guys carry a vacuum, so you are already doing a good job just to start with, no matter what the brand or the price.

Name
I'm Rick James
Its really weird, the last few months I am taking way more time vacuuming. Last month it took me an 1 1/2 to vacuum 5 areas and a hall. It was full with so much soil.

Seriously my vacuum get brought up alot, to the point I am thinking about selling them. I am also thinking about doing a promotion with them.

I've noticed that customers dont really care about the equipment. All I am asked is if I use a truckmounted system. I focus on building trust with them through my ads, website and face to face contact. 95% of my customers are housewifes, stay at home moms.

When I do the consultations with the customer I talk about vacuuming and how important it is, then it just leads to my vacuum and they just get sucked in and want one.

Funny story I did a job few weeks ago, the lady said she already vacuumed with her dyson. I told her its just standard procedure for us to vacuum and with 3 rooms and a hall I was able to get out almost a half canister of crap. I left the vacuum cleaner on the porch where she was hanging out. :D

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Cool at least you are doing your part, many cleaners don't even do the most important step.

If you guys were close by, i'd give you my Bissells they're just taking up space.

For the ones that pmed me about the bags, as soon as i find the link i'll let you guys know.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Someone posted in another thread about the Dyson DC-07. I have one, and love it. Not because it's the best vacuum of all time, but because customers have been beaten over the head with so much advertising that they THINK it's the best. I get a lot of attention from it from customers.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Good for you Mikey, that's your personal choice, just like some people don't see the need of buying a vortex when there are other good TM's for much less.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Mikey P said:
I will never use a bagged vacuum cleaner for my pre vacuuming inspection.
Its all in the terminology. That's a great way to describe it!

brent said:
Its really weird, the last few months I am taking way more time vacuuming. Last month it took me an 1 1/2 to vacuum 5 areas and a hall. It was full with so much soil.

Seriously my vacuum get brought up alot, to the point I am thinking about selling them. I am also thinking about doing a promotion with them.

I've noticed that customers dont really care about the equipment. All I am asked is if I use a truckmounted system. I focus on building trust with them through my ads, website and face to face contact. 95% of my customers are housewifes, stay at home moms.

When I do the consultations with the customer I talk about vacuuming and how important it is, then it just leads to my vacuum and they just get sucked in and want one.

Funny story I did a job few weeks ago, the lady said she already vacuumed with her dyson. I told her its just standard procedure for us to vacuum and with 3 rooms and a hall I was able to get out almost a half canister of crap. I left the vacuum cleaner on the porch where she was hanging out. :D

I've been getting these results since last century, '95. You just never know whats in the carpet, even after they've vacuumed. I don't trust homeowner's vacuums, one, if its a bag vac I know they've left stuff in there, two, they usually don't take enough time to get out what's actually there or don't know which direction to vacuum.

I have a Riccar - Brilliant. I bought it from JStucky he is a member on here. They are great my mother has a house cleaning business and has used Riccars for years and swears by them. They do a great job and the attachments are great for getting the edges. I think they go for about $250.

Back
Top Bottom