google map listings?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
trying to figure out why my business listing doesn't rank higher?
My website is currently being worked on but just curious why even with the "top rated" filter applied I still rank lower when I have the most 5 stars?
Screenshot_20190614-140124_Chrome.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Your reviews are 1/200 variables. People automatically think the most reviews = the higher ranking and it isn't an absolutely truth. Amount of reviews are more of a click through rate factor. It makes people want to dig a little deeper with you, maybe check out your website, or maybe just call right away.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Some things you can check and do:

1) Make sure your business is in business directories like, Bing, Thumbtack, Homeadvisor, Yellowpages, Yelp, Manta, and several others. Google your company name like this: xyz carpet cleaning city state. Or in your case city and province. You can also Google: new zealand business directories to find sites to put your biz info in or do some custom searches like this:

“city” inurl:directory
“city” inurl:businesses
“city” intitle:directory
“carpet cleaning” inurl:directory
“carpet cleaning” inurl:links
“carpet cleaning” intitle:directory

Make sure you use the quotes above as that will force Google to do a phrase search.

Anyways, after you find the directories, go create an account on those websites and create your business listings and fill them out as completely as possible. When you do the search for your business name and the city, that'll show you what is already out there in Google Land and you can see if your information is incorrect. If it isn't, fix it. Also check to make sure you only have one listing per website.

2) Post to your Google My Business page regularly with before and afters or videos. Use cities you service in the captions and create periodic offers if you choose.

3) Share regularly to your other social media accounts

4) Make sure your website is loading quickly and mobile friendly. There are a lot of websites that perform tests that you can find issues on performance.

5) Set up conversion tracking on your website to let Google know that certain actions on your website are a conversion, this can lessen your bounce rate and show Google that your website satisfied the visitor's search. If you can convert visitors to leads and show that to Google, you'll get awarded eventually with consistency.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom