Google places..

Becker

Name
Becker
I get a few jobs from it. Stars or not.
And I'm always on 1st page of results.
I don't push clients to leave Google places reviews as I am always visible for my city search.

I know Dave likes to pound his places drum..

And for large cities I think working on your places account it key.

But when you are in a area like me where you can drive 5 miles and pass though 4 cities places is not king.. I guess that is why some of the locals have false places accounts in some of the bigger cities in the area..
I heard google put an end to this, but I know of at least 4 companies that have a single location yet 4-6 places accounts.

Any way to get more out of places?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
If your cities are small and not very compeitive sometimes you can get above the locals.

It's important to have your phone number in your meta tag description area of your website because Google will show that description that on the listings.
This way people can call you right from that if they don't want to click.

I've seen 1 address show up in more than one city search on Google. Small areas...but it can happen.

I'm not sure if any amount of optimizing will effect that....it probably only happens in cities where there aren't many cleaners etc.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you have competition that is playing Places by having multible accounts in different areas for the same biz. I think you can flag their account to bring it to the attention of Google.

I know of cleaners that have over 10 false Places lisings.

Some are Mikey members.

Becker

Name
Becker
Dave Yoakum said:
If you have competition that is playing Places by having multible accounts in different areas for the same biz. I think you can flag their account to bring it to the attention of Google.

I know of cleaners that have over 10 false Places lisings.

Some are Mikey members.

Nah. It does not bother me. I just stated it because of the way my area is.

Some cities I show above places.

Starting to work on Spokane. That market is more like Lincoln. One big city.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
puscifeR said:
I get more placment from Yelp vs GM. Sometimes I forget I even have it.

If you forget about it. It must not be working.

Here Yelp is worthless. But, Places can be very productive.

Reviews and stars defiantly make as difference for me.

It brings in many new clients per day that generally are not price shoppers.

It separates my company from the pack. A very good marketing advantage.

Here is a new review from yesterday:

Lyndsi ? - Jun 10, 2011
I have two puppies that used to pee in one of our main rooms, they are potty trained now but we couldn't get the smell out. Royal was prompt, quick, and did a fantastic job! Best of all, they guarantee their work for a week so if any odor or spots show up they'll come fix it.

Reviews are hard to get even if you make it easy for the client. I get about one for every promise of leaving one. That is why it was such a bummer last year when Google lost 12 of them into the Google review graveyard never to be seen again.

gavin

I hate it when they just dis-appear, it takes so much work to get customers to go online and review you, sure they'll give a cash tip, but an online review is a whole different story.

what's the best way (besides and after doing a great job)to get a custy to review you?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
gavin said:
I hate it when they just dis-appear, it takes so much work to get customers to go online and review you, sure they'll give a cash tip, but an online review is a whole different story.

what's the best way (besides and after doing a great job)to get a custy to review you?

Get their email and ask them with a link attached to the place you want them to leave you a review.

Make it easy for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom