Google Places

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Anyone else have their google places listing disappear? Mine is showing as active but its no longer showing up in searches and its no longer showing up if I go to my physical address on google maps. I keep trying contact google but they send me automated emails that are of no help. I also have reviews that are gone. Anyone have any ideas what I can do? I wish google had a number that you could call. This is ridiculous.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
google has turned into a huge pita as of late....

and i am just ggetting to the party late.....can just imagine how frustrating it is for you guys

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Same thing here. The only number I could find for Adwords so I called them to complain. They were able to check with the places people and got back to me later that day. Their explanation was that the places search listings are “organic” A SEO “expert” told me I need to spend an hour a night making backlinks to get to the top of google.

Kipp

Name
kip
First you need to check that your listing is 100% compliant. You can not have any geo keywords in your categories. Also make sure you check the box to not show your address since people do not come to you.

If you don't check the box and you ever get a call from google to verify make sure you say yes people come to my business to drop off rugs.

Yes you should upgrade your listing to google plus.

SEO for places pages consists primarily of getting citations. Citations are your business name, address, and phone as they show on places page appearing anywhere on the Internet.

Just like back links there are different qualities of citations. Google top directories and get the list if the top 100 and start with those.

Other than that anytime you write a blog or article include a citation.

Here's a tip. When linking your website to your places page do not link the page your are optimizing for that city. Google now combines your organic listing and places page... But if you have a seperate inner page optimized for that city then you can have both appear on page 1.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom