Google This Morning

latinguy2004

Brian R said:
I got one of my reviews back!!! lol

It was a scrape from Yahoo.

I just sent out an email blast to everyone asking to redo their reviews or give me a new one.

I'm starting to think it's better to have your clients leave reviews on the other sites that feed reviews to Google. Such as Insider Pages, Judy's Book, Yahoo, etc.

It seems every time reviews are lost, (which has happened a lot the past couple weeks) the ones that stick are the ones from those other sites.

I'm going to do some testing on my dummy listings and not even worry about getting Google reviews and just focus on Insider Pages and Judy's Book and see what impact it has.

Andres Tobar
SFS.JonDon.com

P.S. Steve warned me about posting links but I think this is extremely relevant to the changes that are happening right now so if you haven't set up your Google Places listing, here's a step-by-step guide on how to do it: http://sfs.jondon.com/5326/resource...oogle-places-for-carpet-cleaners-step-by-step

maur1736

I know most people use Explorer but Firefox pretty much remained the same the organic positioning changed slightly

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Andres,
I'm on it.
I am asking for them to do reviews on other sites as well like Judy's Book, YP.com, Yahoo etc.

I've gotten 9 reviews so far from the email and a few emails just came back saying they will give me one as well.

Thank God for good people.

The reviews that I had on Google for years were deleted this time...and it looks like for good.
The sites they scraped left and came back.

My power went out this morning and now Google looks like old Google again. lol
Even after I cleared the cookies etc.

Fun Fun Fun.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just scheduled 2 jobs from the email blast....those customers both said they would write a review.

working out pretty well.

People love to help when you just ask.

This is a good one.

"We have used Priority Carpet and Tile Cleaning for years. Brian is trustworthy and skilled. We never had any issues with stains returning and he saved us on more than one occasion while we were house-training our dog who had accidents in the house. Brian is responsive and responsible - which is sometimes hard to find in the service industry. Our family highly recommends Priority Carpet to anyone looking for a great job at a fair price."

Edit: Of course with all the new reviews, I think Google has pushed my back. lol
I know that usually happens but it's well worth it if the reviews stick.

I'm up to 10 more from the email blast.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
when I search using internet explorer I get what looks like the old style map setup with the map listed to the right above the sponsored links. when I use fire fox I get the old original format.

BTW what happens if you report someone for using a PO box or not listing an address?? a couple weeks ago someone claiming to be from google actually called to verify my listing, has anyone ever had this happen??

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I want my reviews back.

I knew I should of copied them in case this happened.

I'll hold my breath for a few days.

Last week I was down to 3 then back to 24 now 13.

What a guy to do?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've never had Google call me for anything.

I've gotten 7 back from the original and 10 new ones from the email blast.

Send out an email to your customer base, explain what happened and ask for help.

Worked for me.

By the way...the new view of Google isn't like it was earlier...now it's just organic...which is better for me really but I'm not sure if it's just my computer right now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom