Google Voice

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
This Could be the coolest thing ever.

They give you any local or 800 number that is available
It can ring to 1 phone or a hundred phones at the same time or 1 at a time
Voicemail you can get on your computer to hear or read...it prints out the voice message you leave
You can set it up to do the voicemail from the phone you have now to just use the voicemail features

There are a ton of other features I haven't even looked into yet
The best thing is...
It's Free....and crap if I am pretty sure it IS Free with no strings attached.

Leave it to Google

Yep Google voice is very nice tool.

We have been using it to help track response from specific marketing.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Mark,
Is this somethign you will talk about at Mikey Fest?

Hope so.

Bill
MarkCermak said:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
MarkCermak said:

Yes because if I am not mistaken, You can have a different number for every ad...is that right?
I think you can have as many numbers as you want.

I am still waiting my invite. lol

Mark, anyway to get Google Voice without the invite???

Greenie

It's a Masonic thing, 2B1 ask 1.

I love my GV, but it's still in it's infancy, the VM to Text trascribing is nowhere near market ready, but it has HUGE potential.
I didn't know about the 800 # though...thanks for that tip.

925-452-7282

Greenie

Do you have Gmail?

and if not?

Why?

ps: Pulled this from a Blog: Google doesn’t offer 800 numbers yet. But you can point any 800 number you get from us to your Google Voice number and all of the features of Google Voice will work on your 800 number!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greenie said:
Do you have Gmail?

and if not?

Why?

ps: Pulled this from a Blog: Google doesn’t offer 800 numbers yet. But you can point any 800 number you get from us to your Google Voice number and all of the features of Google Voice will work on your 800 number!

I do it's
Prioritycleaner@gmail.com

I emailed you

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Automatic Response Technologies (ART) had this technology for the past 10yrs or so.
You get an 800#, you have a recorded message, they enter in the 800# PLUS a 2 digit number to track the ad they responded from.
Can have several messages
The reports would tell you which ads pulled calls,
how long people listened to the message
whether they responded to the message to phone you/ask for reply
Because it was an 800# and you paid for the call, you collected their phone # as well.
Lots more too it.

tracywalker

Name
Tracy
I just signed up with it and ported over my current number. What is cool though is I have multiple phones that when i do not answer all go to the same voice message. That message is then sent to my android phone as a text message and i can read it and listen to it there without having to dial into my verizon inbox. The talk to text needs a little work though. down here in the south with our accents it NEVER gets messages correct. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I have it ring to all my phones, if someone calls my regular numbers it goes to google voicemail on either phones.
If someone calls my regular phone and I don't answer or ignore it, it will ring the other phones then go to voicemail.

Only thing I can't figure out is, if someone calls my regular number or my brother's regular number...how can we get a different greeting for those people trying to contact us directly?

I think we can only do one type of greeting for incoming calls unless that incoming call is from a person on our special contact list...but if my brother gives a customer his personal cell number...the voicemail is the general one.

If someone calls him who doesn't know where he works, they may thing they have got the wrong number because of the voicemail.

Did I make any sense at all?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
boazcan said:
bump

I got my invite. How is it working so far?

Anybody get a google number or all just used an existing?

Thanks for the updates/info.

Bryan

I got a Google number because I wanted a local one for the Dallas area.
Been working great.
The voicemail and forwarding options are what I am sold on...no dropped calls or bad sounding calls...works like a regular phone number I guess.

I forward it to my office phone and my Brother's phone at the same time so who ever picks up first.
If they call my local Sacramento number and it gets ignored or missed, it rings the other phones and then goes to Google voicemail if no one gets it....which shouldn't happen except after hours.

The voicemail to text is not that great but it's not really needed that bad anyway. They get the words wrong a lot so it's hard to understand most of the time.

It's also free....I think it might actually BE free...but there may be a price to pay if you are a paranoid person....
They record the calls and use the voice sampling to improve their voice to text...not working so far.

Greenie

Got my second invite a day or so ago, so I'll add another Google number soon.

I like the service, but you might as well turn that stupid voice to text feature off....it's nowhere near ready.

As far as I can tell, it's one number to each Gmail account.

I desperately need a new cell phone, so I'll probably get an android phone in the new year as well.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I don't think they want you to have more than one numer but if you can create more than one account then it could work.

I'll stick with my Blackberry for now.
Get my email, GPS, Web browsing...and you can make calls. What more do you need?

I am still considering a netbook with an aircard so I can access Service Monster.....and Mikey's Board. :roll: :D

Greenie, if you get two numbers...let me know because I might do it to. I received another invite too.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom