Gorilla DDS

Mikey P

Administrator
IMG_20210211_185902.jpg

hogjowl

Idiot™
I’m interested in seeing how those units hold up over time. I doubt I’ll ever buy one, but Brady might. If they ever stop their Jon-Don exclusivity, that is, and if they prove to be reliable.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Only Butler seems to have consistently delivered a dependable arrangement of pulleys, tensioners, driveshaft design, and undisclosed modification of the Chevy platform.

This despite GM making both changes to the van platform, and a completely new V8 design (4.8 5.3 & 6.0) that several truckmount manufacturers failed to dependably address.

I have LOVED working out of the White Magic pro- 2000. We even put in a new 5.7 crate motor to extend its service life. I was happy when another mfg adopted this proven orphan design. However very disappointed subseqent designs were heavy on lipstick and short on dependability.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My guess would be blower exhaust .... which could add considerable heat under the chassis especially during summer months
I was hoping someone was gonna say it's an opening to hook up hoses when the box needs to stay closed.

If it's blower exhaust...that unit will have downtime

Reactions: clean image

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Only Butler seems to have consistently delivered a dependable arrangement of pulleys, tensioners, driveshaft design, and undisclosed modification of the Chevy platform.
I don't know Lee, our experience with Hydramaster's CDS has been pretty good. The weak points are mostly GM's, and that would happen to anyone running any PTO... and sometimes just driving a van.

My guess would be blower exhaust .... which could add considerable heat under the chassis especially during summer months
It should have a 90 so the exhaust keeps your feet warm in the winter.

PS: I can't hear gorilla anymore without thinking about TikTok girl.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That’s a terrible design if that’s what it is. Not only will it melt asphalt. It will kill grass (yes I park off the driveway when circumstances arrive), blow dirt dust all in and over the truck.

If aero tech is lurking...I hope they are taking notes. That’s real world examples AND experience on what happens in that scenario.

Name
Lee Stockwell
That’s a terrible design if that’s what it is. Not only will it melt asphalt. It will kill grass (yes I park off the driveway when circumstances arrive), blow dirt dust all in and over the truck.

If aero tech is lurking...I hope they are taking notes. That’s real world examples AND experience on what happens in that scenario.
Just one of several real world adjustments needed to take their "big truck" formula and make it work....in a Chevy.

Reactions: FB7777 and BIG WOOD
Back
Top Bottom