Got a basic website rolling

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I relize the sky is the limit with websites so I have this basic one tossed together to work for now. I have been getting slow but steady hits off of it. I have it tied to all of my major competitors so everytime someone looks for them I pop up . Im happy so far. Im sure ace will jump on here and bash my head in for plagerizing his encap page off his website lol www.procleanmidmo.com

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Looks really good Jr. The key to keeping the ranking up is to update all the time. I think you have a great framework to build on. Try to get a few more photos and at least 300 word of text with lots of key words on each page.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I seem to have nothing nice to say about anyone's website...including my own.

I just don't like it. The buttons are cheesy and cheap looking. The color scheme isn't very good at all.
it looks all over the place to me.
Your logo looks slapped on and it doesn't fit the background color.
The carpet cleaning pic on the front page is in my opinion the worst kind of pic you can have on that page
The IICRC and other logos look too big and out of place.
Everything looks like it doesn't belong.
Oh, and get rid of the "enter" page....I don't understand that one....maybe I am missing something but the less clicks a client has to do, the better.

Just wanted to tell you what's wrong with it because telling what's good doesn't help as much.

Name
I'm Rick James
Brian R said:
I seem to have nothing nice to say about anyone's website...including my own.

I just don't like it. The buttons are cheesy and cheap looking. The color scheme isn't very good at all.
it looks all over the place to me.
Your logo looks slapped on and it doesn't fit the background color.
The carpet cleaning pic on the front page is in my opinion the worst kind of pic you can have on that page
The IICRC and other logos look too big and out of place.
Everything looks like it doesn't belong.
Oh, and get rid of the "enter" page....I don't understand that one....maybe I am missing something but the less clicks a client has to do, the better.

Just wanted to tell you what's wrong with it because telling what's good doesn't help as much.

Dont beat yourself up buddy, I posted mine to get the truthful feedback. I am not a web designer so your input has value. Keep it up brian.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
brent said:
Dont beat yourself up buddy, I posted mine to get the truthful feedback. I am not a web designer so your input has value. Keep it up brian.

And Brian is a web designer?

Name
I'm Rick James
ACE said:
brent said:

You have to ask Brian about if he is or not. Him and his wife had good advice for me. Not one person knows everything and everyone has something to offer.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I got it put together for 30 dollars and pay 20 bucks a month and usualy get a few jobs a month from it so Im happy. I live in a semi rural area so the phone book is still king round here

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
brent said:
ACE said:
brent said:

You have to ask Brian about if he is or not. Him and his wife had good advice for me. Not one person knows everything and everyone has something to offer.

I'm not a designer...I can't write programs...but I can cut and paste with the best of them. :mrgreen:
I did my own website...it's a "Free" Yahoo site but the hosting cost's 10 bucks a month or so and the domain name is 10 bucks a year.
Check mine out. If you want me to walk you through how to do it just let me know.
I had said in another thread that I would build a 4 page website for anyone for $200.00 but you will still have to do some computer work.
It doesn't need to be all "Techy" to work.
I will help a lot for free...won't charge you a dime if you want me to show you how to do it...it's really easy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom