got a call to clean a drug addict hiv rental

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
Got a call from a lady with a town hous she just evicted the renters from. She says there is lots of spills stains and it was really nasty. She also told me the renters lived there for a month and a half with the water turned off and they were drug addicts and how could anyone live like that. Well I hear that alot so no big deal to me. I book the job and right before I hang up she tells me"by the way , I know it shouldnt effect the price but the drug addict girl who lived there had HIV"

Ok now Im thinking I know hiv is only spread through fluid exchange and doesnt survive long outside the body, but if they were drugaddicts the chances of hepititus was great also which has a longer shelf life than hiv. So after a moment of thought I quote the job with proper ppe and include time to clean all my equipment after the job. She was insulted by the new price which really wasnt that high and told me " nevermind Ill just shop around for a better price" The worst part was is that after the town home got cleaned , the landord who was going through a divorce was moving back in to the unit :shock: :shock: :shock: Just dont get why she would wana short change her self if shes gonna be living there. I would have ripped out and replaced all the carpet since there was confirmation of drug abuse and disease . kinda makes you think twice about those mystery spots you see while cleaning rentals!

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You did the right thing. The sad and scary part will be that she won't tell the next person she calls about the dangers. Addicts do all sorts of wierd things and hide needles in the strangest places when they are tweeked. Without knowing it is hard to take the proper precautions. I would probably call all my cleaning friends and let them know what the situation is so they dont end up taking it without all the facts

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I did call a few competitors and let them know about that job. Im just amazed at some of the stuff and people Ive ran into.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

jus think of all the snot..boogers and other body fluids thats in that carpet......BESIDES those needles under the edges and tacktracks......believe me a needle WILL puncture a vac hose......

RUN!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've cleaned trauma scenes, and I've cleaned some gnarly sewage back ups, but the second I would have heard HIV, and no water, I would have declined the job. Good on ya Jon!

When I was working for a company in Utah I went out to a home in Magna(for those of you that live in Utah you will understand where I'm coming from) for a sewage flood. I couldn't even quote the job, nor did I want to. I declined the work, when I got back to the office the manager asked why, and I explained why. They had rocks of meth sitting around - I'm almost positive they were cooking it in their garage, among other drugs, needles, ect. There was blood spots all over the carpet, trash piled ceiling high. We've restored some shady homes before, but nothing ever THAT bad. So the manager drives back out with me all pissed off, and takes a look. He walks in and his eyes just get big, we were there not even 5 minutes and just left while they went out to the garage. We get in the truck he says "High five, F THAT!!!" :lol:

That is the only sewage loss I've ever passed on. Not all money is good money nor worth it.

Name
Nate W.
I'd just use peroxcellent and the Orbot.... I would have made it cleaner than you TM guys....

Brian R. on Nate The Great's computer.... :shock:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Nate The Great said:
I'd just use peroxcellent and the Orbot.... I would have made it cleaner than you TM guys....

Brian R. on Nate The Great's computer.... :shock:

LOL

Mike Draper

Had a person call me and wanted me to clean a Meth house and they would pay me for the extra precautions. I told them no thanks. 1. for my health, 2. for the chance that I get dragged into court because the new tennants are getting sick and its now my fault.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
handdi said:
omg just go do it
I quoted her the price for me to do it propery. She didnt like the price so I wont do it. I will go clean for a patel or a chinease restaurant if I wana get lowballed. This aint the job to get lowballed on

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mike Draper said:
Had a person call me and wanted me to clean a Meth house and they would pay me for the extra precautions. I told them no thanks. 1. for my health, 2. for the chance that I get dragged into court because the new tennants are getting sick and its now my fault.

Good thing Mike because in the state of Utah you have to be certified to do Meth clean up and if you know Meth has been cooked there you have to notify the authorities if they haven't already. Even then the house may not be able to be occupied and might have to be torn down. Scary thing is for everyone that is known there are 100 more that arn't

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
sothe landlord called me again today while she was price shopping. She found out I was...."the expensive one who backed out on her and said shehad to go because she was calling around to find someone cheaper as we speak"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom