GOT A GREMLIN???????

joe harper

Name
joe harper
1997 PROCHEM BEARCAT...(405) Mint condition..

SHUTS OFF AT EXACTLY 20 MIN....

Disconnected 285 temp sensor......same problem.

Disconnected Engine temp sensor.....same

Getting fuel & fire...RUNS GREAT for 20 minutes....

It will turn over ...want start for 10 minutes...then repeats problem.....

Is there another sensor I am missing????????

The only think it could be is after 20 minutes the COIL over heats & shuts down FIRE..

HAS new coil .....but man is it getting HOT...

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sounds like the engine is over heating. Have you burped the heli-coil? Start there if you haven't then check the radiator cap and thermastat. Those are easy changes that will cost a couple bucks. I don't want to sound like you don't know what your doing but you do know how to burp the heli-coil right?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JOHN,

This unit Has run PERFECT for 3 YEARS.................

I just moved it to the ISUZU box .....that I bought from JEFF (TMD)........

Ithink he got the 3 NEW heat exchangers you. FOR the 805 PC.

CleanExtreme

I dont know if your machine has the same shutoffs as my unit, however I just got back from having service work on machine for shuting down exactly 30 minutes it would restart and run about 10 minutes then. Turned out it was the low pressure shutoff. Replaced the low pressure sensor and runs like no problem again.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Dan,

Do you run with a fresh water tank ...or hook-up direct?????

Thanks I'll the check the sensor...But it is NEW also...Just had unit RE-FURBED...

Before installing in box truck...."This is soooo weird that you can time it...and BOOM.

CleanExtreme

From a fresh water tank. This came on suddenly too, with no problem in the past somethings just go out. You might be able to disconnect that senser if you know were its wired.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
I just feel it has to be electrical problem.....This is an old a-15 nissan....it is carburated..
fuel & fire it has to run...there is no warning before it will shut-down...all guages are at
normal readings.....The pain in the ARSE is you have to run it 20 mins....to diagnose
something else.....THANKS FOR YOUR POST....Glad your Gremlin is gone :!:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
open the petcock on the heli coil turn the machine on an add anti freeze to the raditor until it comes out the petcock. Just so you know Jeff only bought the parts from us he didn't want to pay us to fix it. You can call my cell 801-427-8008 but I can only help with basics if that don't fix it call the office monday and TW or Bud will help you out

Rex Tyus

I moved this thread into the slide in area in hopes Harper's post would get more attention. I failed to ask however if this was a heat exhanger slide in or a burner. If I missed my guess someone else will have to move it in the right section. Sorry if I screwed it up.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
John,

Bet you are RIGHT....New radiator was installed & I am sure the heli-coil wasn't bled...

Thanks again :!: I will BURP her in the morning.....

p.s. I know you are not doing install on 805....I just appreciate the UNBELIEVABLE PRICE :!:

JUST A NOTE: John doesn't know me from Adam.I am about 3400 miles from his Store.
I Found myself in bad situation with a recent equipment purchase. (not from him)
He could have LAYED-ME-AWAY...."I was at his mercy for help." Not only did he not
take advantage of the situation! I swear at what he sold these parts for...There is no-way
he even made a PROFIT.

So if you guys need anything :?: SUPPORT THIS MAN & HIS FAMILY, HE CERTIANLY DESERVES IT!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
OK...SHE DID NOT NEED BURPING...

Removed petcock...Cracked radiator cap & had a steady flow of anti freeze..

AGAIN 20 MIN.. Then shut-down :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Unless I am missing a heat sensor to check?????? It has to be electrical.......

I have always run the heat BY-PASS VALVE closed...could this be a problem?

In checking the COIL has GREAT FIRE.. BUT...immediatly after shut-down engine
will not start....like it is not getting FIRE...

If I unplug the wire at the COIL and reinsert....Engine will start...But with a little puff
of smoke, it had been flooded....

NEW: points,plugs,cap,wires,and coil......

Does this 405 need a special 12 volt coil ???? I wonder if the NEW coil is an (Internal or
External Coil) Could this be the problem..Because of the excessive HEAT???????

THERE ARE A LOT OF 405 OUT THERE........CAN SOME ONE CHIME IN.......

G

When it shuts down,you should then check if it is fuel or fire,you have a fuel solenoid on that carb,and Im sure there are a few other pita sensors you just have to find.Just a footnote,you think that is an old A-15,I have a 1980 210 a-15.

Name
Eric Valentine
HARPER said:
She is Fixed ....Been running for 1.5 hours under full load..."She is singing & I am dance-in"

It was the new coil... The mechanic had the coil mounted so low..that the bottom of
the coil was touching the engine block. After 20 mins. it would over-heat & misfire.
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. Kevin D. I could not find anywhere in the
manual or online, Which coil it was? So I bought both....thanks for the info!
It was more of a someone than a something stupid.

Greenie

Glad Joe is back and up, and glad to add that lil' experience to the archives...cause i was scratching my head...

coil touching block....who woulda thought?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom