Got any home remedies for a blown back?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
"Mike you can't just stretch where it hurts, that may actually cause your muscles to flame up."

Depends upon the "kind of hurt". If it's a sharp pain. You're right. If it's just dull and tight, it's good to stretch. Don't stretch if you feel a sharp pain in the area.

"Try stetching more where it doesn't hurt"

Here's an interesting thing to do:

1.) Get a tennis ball.

2.) Stand barefoot and reach down and touch your toes (or try to, if you can't go all the way down). Make a note of how far you can go.

3.) Stand up and put the tennis ball under one of your feet, then roll it around as you put moderate pressure on it. Be sure to roll the ball under the complete sole of your foot thoroughly.

4.) Repeat with the other foot.

5.) Now try to touch your toes again.

You'll find that you can go down considerably farther after doing the above. The reason is that you're loosening the fascia under your feet. (Fascia is like a sheath that covers your muscles. And it's much stronger than muscle tissue. If your fascia is tight in an area, you're tight there.) And even though it's on your foot, all fascia is connected. So loosening your fascia there, affects other places.

-----> One thing I used to do that helped a lot was go to the gym and do the cable- row exercise, sitting on the floor. I'd put maybe 50 lb. on it and let it pull me down. And I'd just "hang" there, letting the stretch focus on my lower back. (I'd almost have my chin on the floor.) After relaxing in that position for about 30 seconds, I'd repeat it 3 or 4 times. It was instantaneous relief.... "miraculous".

LeeCory

In addition to what others have said.

This is a two step suggestion:

1. Hop in the hot tub

2. When you are nice and relaxed hop on your inversion table and slowly invert to the point you feel comfortable and continue to relax.

For a long time my back bothered me and I would always want a back rub after a long day of work. I rarely need them any more since I've been using the inversion table. I had one spot that was really sore for many years. One day while inverting my back popped in that area and it felt wonderful. Now my back relaxes much easier and feels good.

It takes a little bit of getting used to, but it's worth it. I also got mine at Costco.

Name
R.J. Povio
bad back

Mikey,

I have had some custys tell me about acupuncture for their bad backs....and they swear by it. I have the need to go the chiro every once in a while...as i probably lift something wrong....a few visits and I am good as new. However I do not have any disc problems.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Chiropractor and a select comfort bed (sleep by number bed). Hurt my back in high school and have been to doctors ever since. A few months ago, got a select comfort bed. Don't wake up stiff anymore!!! :D :D :D

Chiropractor helps. I go in every two weeks. Massage wouldn't hurt either, especially if a naked Japanese woman :shock:

LeeCory

Take your pick from any of the above advice. If none of that works take a handful of perc's and you'll be fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom