Got Hit from behind today

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Coming to a stop light after our first job and it sounded like something blew up in the van. Toyota tercel totaled. My bumper and the brackets are toast. Van doors are fine. No Insurance. She was driving her dads car. Dad is not going to like when my insurance comes calling.

So this got me thinking. I need a backup van or trailer. That was scary walking around the back of the van wondering is I was out of business and would be working for
Coit.

I have not had a accident in over 25 years. I have always got out of the way in time. This was a wake up call.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Scary. Glad to hear that nobody was hurt.
Though the most important thing is: You're o.k.
One more thing to be grateful for. Buy a lottery ticket.

jmo

Supportive Member
Name
Jeremy
Same thing just happened to me at the end of March. We only have one van and were down for a month. I want to get a back up van as soon as I can, to help with issues like car wrecks or machine problems.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
make yourself a good friend that you can sub out work with, go work with his van to do your work while yours is fixed, if it breaks down
COst you a lot less than having a 2nd TM sitting around

hogjowl

Idiot™
Similar thing happened to me a few years back. I was able to get paid for my average revenue during the period I was out of commission. Their insurance wasn't happy about it, but when pressed they paid.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I was able to go back to work. The big steel bumper on the 97 Dodge did its job. Doors are fine. I'm waiting to see about the insurance. The vac sticker was DOA.

The last time I was down I called all of the guys I had helped over the years. I was left high and dry.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I've got a few used machines in the pipe all the way from 3- 15k. I have 3 trailers to put them in or you can go porty. A customer came in with his dynachem in a trailer he'd take $8500 took out a nick hellos machine and replaced it with a ETM today that guy would take 3 for his contraption. Or you can by a ETM/Porty. Lots of options and all of them are cheaper then being down for a month because your truck is on the shop/totaled and your waiting on insurance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom