Got My Greenhorn

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I received my greenhorn wand today, hoping to try it out tomorrow. Sure looks sweet. (Thanks Lisa) And I got to thinking how wands tend to lose that nice shiny luster over time; can anyone recommend something that could be sprayed onto it to preserve the chrome like finish? Thanks

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I think greenie and lisa are way ahead of you.

I'm pretty sure they put a light misting of WD-40 on their wands to prevent crud from sticking to them. All you have to do is spray the thing off at the end of your job and it will never look old.

If they haven't misted yours yet, grab your WD-40 and do it to it.

If this is bad advice, please, somebody stop me before I hurt someone. I am pretty sure I read it before on this board.

Ricky Thurman

I always set the head of the wand in a bucket of vinegar/water 50/50 when I get in for the day. keeps it looking new

hogjowl

Idiot™
Hmmmm ... all I've been doing is spraying it with whatever I have in my general spotting bottle and wiping it down with a rag (a regular rag, not a CCS pad) and mine still looks fine.

I think just cleaning a wand is so radical, that they stay looking good out of shock.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I think we have have had a greenhorn wand almost longer than anybody and it still looks like new. We pressure wash it off after each job. Thats all it takes.

G

I like mine. I thought the 2" wand would be harder to work with,but it only took me a couple of jobs to get used to it.

Greenie

Marty kills me :lol:

It is true, most guys don't rinse their tools, it just takes 30 sec.

We don't use WD40, it's mostly just the polished stainless that keeps the crud from sticking, as a final step the wands do get a quick wipe down for finger prints and such with a foaming glass cleaner, that might add a little temporary repellency.

The vinegar dip is better than some guys think, it works it's way up into the jets and keeps them looking brand new.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Who was telling me to mist it with WD-40 then?

I know I heard it somewhere...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom