Got my new Machine "electric Tm"

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
check out the differance. the blue century 400 i was using is 30+ years old. and my new one is a TruckForce 3500 i bought it with some upgrades also. It has auto fill auto dump, and i had my distributor upgrade it to 2" hose and a 2" wand. machine can easily run 150' of 2" hose without power loss or suction loss.

000_0009.jpg

000_0010.jpg

let me know what you think.

thanks everyone for all your help and knowledge on carpet cleaning i would never have been able to grow and afford my new equip without all of you.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Scott,

that's a great piece of equipment you've got there. Be careful on stairs - that Truckforce is a bit of a pita to get around, but it's a great extractor. Very few things in life are as fun as getting and playing with new "toys".

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah i got lots of hose and i got a ramp to load and unload it. heavy as heck. was surprised it was so heavy. really happy with it though. thanks for the comment.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
"150' of hose without power loss or suction loss"

I fell for that same line. It has been sitting in storage for 6 years now.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have run 100' with no problem at all. and i will get another 50' soon. i'm sure there will not be any problems. machine is also 500 psi. it is advertised as an electric truckmount. i leave it on the truck when i can. and just run the cords inside with the hoses. machine is equiped with 2" hose and 3-2 stage vacs. 14 inches murcury lift. machine origionally came equiped with 1.5 dia hose and could run 150' of hose i'm running 2" sure it will do it. all plumbing in machine is also 2" in dia. no restrictions.

yours may be in storage but is it a truck force 3500

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
Scott,

don't let anyone pimp you - you're doing great. In another year or two that Truckforce may well be your backup unit. Just keep on keepin' on.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
electric truckmount

I was looking at those but decided it was too big to fit in my van. I started to look at the MasterForce version. A little smaller, lighter, had many of the same options but better adjustment of solution pressure, auto fill/pump out and several vac configurations depending on ones needs. I couldn't justify the price of the 3500 compared to the price of the MasterForce. It practically the same machine just a few gallons smaller for a lot less.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
biggest diffreance is the length of hose that can be run. i was looking as one of those to but needed the capability of the length of hose along with the suction 14 inches murcury great machine though. how long have you been running yours?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I just looked and those are pushing $3500, why not shop ebay for a while and you can find a used truckmount for that. you will never be able to really clean with hot water like a truckmount unless you use propane. ever heard the saying there is no replacement for displacement, you just can't replace what a positive displacement blower can do

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
have you seen gas prices? and maintenance on an electric is next to none. not oil to change no worrying about it not starting. reliability and simplicity is the key. ever go to a customers house and have a problem with your tm?

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
In another year or two that Truckforce may well be your backup unit. Just keep on keepin' on.

I'm thinking some of us may have those in a few years as our MAIN unit. :lol: Price of gas and being more earth friendly being the 2 main reasons. Times are changing. I see in the future our customers giving us the evil eye with our poluting machines. Companies on the ball will be advertising things like "Our machines don't polute the environment" "No risk of life threatening carbon monoxide in your home".

Now the question is, how much cleaner is electricity if it's produced from coal?. Me not know.

Albert

steve g

Name
steve garrett
C&S said:
have you seen gas prices? and maintenance on an electric is next to none. not oil to change no worrying about it not starting. reliability and simplicity is the key. ever go to a customers house and have a problem with your tm?

maybe one time in 6 years have I had anything happen on the job, its prolly the last thing on my mind while doing a job. I maintain my truck mount like an airplane, its hackish to not use a truckmount, I used to run a portable back in the mid 90's and even then people sure had a let down look on their face when I pulled out the portable. my truckmount burns less than 1 gal/hour. I would think you could raise your prices enough to pay for the gas and the machine, if you are worried about gas and equipment costs that much, I am sorry you are running your business the wrong way. that is a very nice portable prolly top of the line, I would love to have one, but it would never replace my truckmount for 99% of the work I do. besides I see one cord labeled 20amps, most breakers are 15amps, and if you do find a 20 there is prolly something else going to be run on it, doesn't it suck blowing breakers all the time.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
most kitchens and bathrooms are 20 amps. no problems. my old portable had one cord that would run 20 amps also. have been doing this for couple of years. i have to make due with the funds i have. luckily for you i do this on the side and i make airplane parts for the military at my full time job. don't put down the little guys, we will be replacing you very soon. and you at one time were a Little guy.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gotta love youthful exuberance.

Congrats on your upgrade, Scott

I'm with Jeff.
Keep it up and in a couple years that will be a back-up to a real TM

The others aren't trying to rain on your parade, they just don't like newbies being conned by salesman telling you that your porty is "just like a TM".

Just keep making your custys happy and keep progressing

oh yes, and know where the breaker box is located in the homes you get into..

also, if your not aware, most homes will have 20amp circuits in kitchens and laundry rooms.
(least all the homes built in the last generation)

..L.T.A.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
thanks meat. at the current moment its the best i can afford. i would have bought a tm but dont have the vehicle to dedicate to it.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
electric truckmount

I understand what you were saying about needing more power for longer hose runs. I didn't need that much power. I can count on 1 hand how many times I've needed 150 feet of hose so I was looking for something so big, but I guess it's always good to have just in case.

I don't have a Truckforce or Masterforce porty...but close. I have an older pulley style Bane but it's practically new. It's only got about 505 hours on it. It's not my dream machine but it's getting me by for now and I've had no complaints. I do good work, I treat my customers as I would want to be treated, and I go the extra mile but I don't undercut either.

I've got a gray mare of a Steam Way 1150A in the shop getting some new lipstick to put in a trailer so I can go after some bigger commercial accounts. The Bane can clean them, but it's too slow.

Hopefully I'll still be in business in another year so I can sell the Bane and replace it with something else but definitely more powerful.

Congratulations on your upgrade... keep up the good work and best of luck. :)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
C&S said:
thanks meat. at the current moment its the best i can afford. i would have bought a tm but dont have the vehicle to dedicate to it.

Makes good $ense to me, Bro.
I must of missed your post above mine.
I see you're already hip to 20amp circuits

now that we know you're a pt timer and have a real job,
Al I ask is that you continue to treat the custy right
and not work too cheap.

It seems far too many pt timers work cheap cause it's just "extra cash" for them and they fly under a lot of radar screens to avoid many of the expenses the legitimate full time outfits have to fork over to the various Gub'mint entities

..L.T.A.

Greenie

Holy freakin' horse pucky...I need to sell porties...or more I should say.

I've only ever sold ONE to date, it was $2395 and I thought that was a bit much for a porty. I had it spec'd custom for a local guy, had to change the pump motor to a 1/2hp and change the pump cam, but it was pretty damn impressive, 200 cfm in parallel, APO, autofill, It really should have one 20 amp circuit to be safe from poppin' breakers, but it would support a Greenhorn Wand at 100' easy. 2" hose and big pump motor were the key. He used it on commercial like a truckmount.

Did you say #6 blower? :shock:

Mike Draper

I had a porty once.......for about 3 weeks until I royally screwed my back pulling it up 2 flights of stairs to clean an apartment for $50.00. I got so pissed at the porty half way up the second flight of stairs I kicked the damn thing to the bottom, yelled a few cuss words and never looked back. Bought a TM the next week.

Greenie

ya know...come to think of it...that old century looks pretty damn good for 30 years old, and I kinda like the swivel top.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
yeah it looks good. it runs good to. i took your advice and put the vacs on a t and it runs 50ft of hose no problem has an 100psi pump in it. origionally had a 30 psi pump. runs like a champ. but new machine is very impressive. easily 4 times more powerful than old machine.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i will still run it on some quick jobs. new machine is heavy and i have to use ramps to put it in the truck. old machine i can pick up and put in.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
SO, the next step is a porty that runs 2.5" hose :wink:

Though I don't think you'd ever need more than 75' with a porty. Thats the point of them being "portable"; move them closer rather than needing long runs of hose.
The longest runs will be from the bottom of the stairs to the farthest point upstairs. I ran mine with only 40' and rarely needed to take it up stairs.

Supersucker

Nice machine you have there. I would be curious what you are getting for dry times? Are you using a glided wand & doing a dry stroke? Tell us more about your process.

If you are going to use it from the truck, get a Little Giant post-heater and put a cap on the truck.

Greenie

Josh, is this your machine? What year?

Specifications:

Commercial Price: $2,109.00 (Plus S/H)
Warranty: 1 Year major components, 5 year body
Body: Roto-molded polyethylene
Capacity: 12 gallon
Wheels: 12" rear wheels, 5" front casters
Vacuum: Dual 3 stage HP, 200 C.F.M.
Pump: 450 P.S.I. adjustable
Heater: 2000 Watt, 210 degrees F
Cords: Dual 50" 12/3 yellow
Dimensions: 20" x 30" x 48"
Weight: 140 lbs

G

I bought it slightly used about 7 years ago. I used it only a hand full of times. The reason I bought it was for back up. Those specs look right to me. But I don't remember what the psi is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom