Got my new rig done!

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
I have the same smaller unit 2045 9yrs now and really a great unit. 240 atm . Simple and easy. To change the three belts just remove the spark plugs from engine to release pressure and spin on the new belts. I had a Hydromaster 470D and the belts were not lasting 6 mths but were not installed properly not by me. I love my simple lawnmower engine and the easy set up. Thank you Larry. jz.
Agreed! Also like the fact that other than the big 3 components that they buy all their parts at NAPA Auto Parts so if something does break its easy to go get and replace quickly to get back up and running.

Mikey P

Administrator
If'n it were mine, I'd upgrade those labels..

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
If'n it were mine, I'd upgrade those labels..

View attachment 91612
I probably will at some point. But right now I gotta get caught up after missing 2 weeks transitioning to the new rig. I have all the jobs I missed plus the new ones that are booking now. So until I get things back to normal I gotta prioritize my time.

Keith Russell

Name
Keith Russell
Interesting ...

How does this compare to you guys with similar blowers from the big 3?

I have a CFI with a roots 36 and if I spin it all the way up to 3200 I only get 3 hg on the gauge. Curious how much resistance from the machine is normal/acceptable.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Interesting ...

How does this compare to you guys with similar blowers from the big 3?

I have a CFI with a roots 36 and if I spin it all the way up to 3200 I only get 3 hg on the gauge. Curious how much resistance from the machine is normal/acceptable.
The difference is airflow. When you cup your hand over the hose, you can get exactly the same lift as long as you adjust your vac relief valve accordingly. On an open flow, a bigger blower will always generate more lift. My Hydramaster 4.2 shows 6 inches on a open flow.

Keith Russell

Name
Keith Russell
The difference is airflow. When you cup your hand over the hose, you can get exactly the same lift as long as you adjust your vac relief valve accordingly. On an open flow, a bigger blower will always generate more lift. My Hydramaster 4.2 shows 6 inches on a open flow.

I would think that if a manufacturer puts larger components on a machine it would be engineered to keep the resistance at a minimum before you add hose.

If all the larger blowers run with that much restriction than I don't see the point in going bigger. It's like starting every job off with a packed full devastator filter.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would think that if a manufacturer puts larger components on a machine it would be engineered to keep the resistance at a minimum before you add hose.

If all the larger blowers run with that much restriction than I don't see the point in going bigger. It's like starting every job off with a packed full devastator filter.
It's not restriction. It's just that they move that much more air. A roots 36 can move up to 350 CFM. A roots 45 can move over 400 CFM. If both are sucking through the same size hole, the 45 will show more lift.

Last edited:

Keith Russell

Name
Keith Russell
Not trying to knock the machine or anything. Just trying to find out what the normal is before I pull the trigger on a new one.

From my limited experience, the more lift at the machine the less you bite you have at the carpet. That's why people use 2.5 inch.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I've never used the big blower machines, so can't speak from experience

but my 36 runs 2" hg full throttle no hose
5" hg with 100ft 2" hose
7" hg with 100ft hose and wand
which leaves me with 9" of working lift to play with
*presuming my vacuum gauge is accurate

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Not trying to knock the machine or anything. Just trying to find out what the normal is before I pull the trigger on a new one.

From my limited experience, the more lift at the machine the less you bite you have at the carpet. That's why people use 2.5 inch.
Quit worrying about the number game. I've used a 36, 45, 47, and now 65 blower. I've gotten the best performance on suction out of the 47 and 65 blowers. I'll admit when I had the 36 blower, I didn't know what the hell I was doing with a truckmount, so I think it could've put on a better performance, because I see nothing but awesome reviews on the 36 blower. The important part on any truckmount is to have the blower set between 13-15" of lift. If you see that you need more suction on the long hose runs, upgrade to a tm with a blower 2 sizes bigger than your current one. You'll see a better benefit to your investment.

Keith Russell

Name
Keith Russell
I get that the hose hook up would cause more lift with more cfm, especially if it's 2 inch.

Larry uses a sutorbilt 4mr blower for that machine which produces 376 cfm. So at 2800 rpms (looking at their performance chart) it is pulling roughly 280 cfm with 7 inches of lift with no hoses attached.

My roots 36 produces 280 at 3200 with 2 or 3 hg and it has the same 2 inch hook up for hose.

I think the plumbing from the blower to the tank plays a big role in RESTRICTION. Mine has 2.5 to the tank. I think Cobb is choking that machine and selling it as a big performer.

Keith Russell

Name
Keith Russell
Quit worrying about the number game. I've used a 36, 45, 47, and now 65 blower. I've gotten the best performance on suction out of the 47 and 65 blowers. I'll admit when I had the 36 blower, I didn't know what the hell I was doing with a truckmount, so I think it could've put on a better performance, because I see nothing but awesome reviews on the 36 blower. The important part on any truckmount is to have the blower set between 13-15" of lift. If you see that you need more suction on the long hose runs, upgrade to a tm with a blower 2 sizes bigger than your current one. You'll see a better benefit to your investment.

I'm not worried about it 🙂. Im just trying to understand and compare with the big 3 before I replace mine. I don't want to spend more on a larger machine if it's choked out.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

People use 2.5 inch or 4 to the door to maximize airflow. (CFM) forget about how much lift is shown on the gauge, it doesn't really mean anything. All blowers are capable of the same lift. Larger blowers provide more airflow which allows longer hose runs or dual Wanding. You will notice that larger blowers have larger hose/pipe connections to the waste tank.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I'm not worried about it 🙂. Im just trying to understand and compare with the big 3 before I replace mine. I don't want to spend more on a larger machine if it's choked out.
I don't think Larry is choking his machine. A 4mr blower is usually 2.5-3 inches connecting to the waste tank. Doesn't make an inch of difference to the suction. Larry always preaches cranking the lift up to 17 or 18. Most other manufacturers are 13-15. The higher the vacuum is set, the harder it is going to be moving the wand. Doesn't mean the carpets are going to dry any faster. You always need a balance of lift to airflow. Buying a larger blower is always beneficial. If you're only going to be single Wanding, a 47 blower is probably all you will need.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Well fellas, I must admit alot of this technical lift vs. airflow stuff is a little confusing to me. All I know is I have used quiet a few different truckmounts over my career and this one sure seems to have plenty of suction. As I said ealier I did a empty rent house and with ceiling fans only the new tenant claimed it was dry 2 hrs after I left. I have never had that kind of dry time. I did an expensive carpet for a wealthy client today and it almost killed me. The carpet was super thick and the wand latched down on it so hard I could barely push it. Next puchase for me is definately a glide. Also when the hose is off of the wand and the machine is revved up for cleaning it sure sounds louder than any other I've been around. Sounds like its moving a lot of air.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Here’s a little sample of the heat. It will smoke like this all day without ever cooling off. At least on carpet I would imagine tile cleaning could cool it down. But it stays pegged at 240 all day on single wand carpet cleaning.

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Here’s a little sample of the heat. It will smoke like this all day without ever cooling off. At least on carpet I would imagine tile cleaning could cool it down. But it stays pegged at 240 all day on single wand carpet cleaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Foothills Phil

Keith Russell

Name
Keith Russell
Yeah, these guys know more about this than I do. It probably doesn't matter once you put the wand down. Hope it lasts you a long time. You must be a grizzly bear if your pushing an unglided wand at 17. I had to adjust mine down to 13 when I didn't have a glide lol.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Deke Hatley

Name
Deke Hatley
Yeah, these guys know more about this than I do. It probably doesn't matter once you put the wand down. Hope it lasts you a long time. You must be a grizzly bear if your pushing an unglided wand at 17. I had to adjust mine down to 13 when I didn't have a glide lol.
Well so far it hasn't been bad other than on that one yesterday. But definately ordering a glide because that sucker yesterday kicked my butt!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom