Got Print is da bomb

Mikey P

Administrator
I got two boxes from them today.

1000 regular biz cards, super high quality full color, no back for $15.96 Ordered 4 days ago.

And 1000 "$20 Cleaning Bucks" cards that look awesome. What a steal @ $120 designed and printed.

Tony Gillihan gave me a sweet deal on redoing my regular card as well. He is super easy to work with and practically gives his services away.

Cleanibuckscardfront.jpg

MIKEY_BK.jpg

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Do you get a "oh these are nice cards" when you give them out?

If not, then you got to try silk laminated (on both sides) cards. It's what Apple has been using for years. They feel and look so good, EVERYBODY notices. Plus, they will not wear out or look like crap for a LONG time.

Cost a little more, but they are worth it.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I forgot what I wanted to say. I tried Got print, but must have got them on a bad day, because were worst I have ever seen, the colors were not even close, but the worst was they were cut crooked, some bigger, some smaller, and now two were the same, some had everything over to the left edge, others to the right edge. Also, they are some sub-standard size, a little smaller than regular cards. I paper was also sub-standard. I threw them out. What up with that when others here say they rock?

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Thanks for the nice words Mike.

William, did you get the Uv coated? Those are inferior to the 14 Pt Premium card stock, IMO. As far as colors; you may or may not know that the printing process uses the CMYK format versus the RGB format which a computer monitor displays. Many people will create documents on their computer in the RGB format and do not realize that when they are converted to CMYK for print, the colors will be altered - usually looking darker. This needs to be taken into account when creating documents for printing. While I have noticed slight shifting of the cards from GP, overall they are very consistent.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Kevin contact me via email and send me any art work or logos you'd like to see on the card - I'll work up a sample for ya

Thanks

Mark C

I'd also like to have some done too Tony.
I am PM'ing ya and emailing you.
Call me if need be.
Thanx
Mark

Mike Hogan

We had a very bad experience recently with gotprints.
Lousy customer service and attitudes when asked to speak to someone else.

My wife went into their chatroom and spoke to Frank,who knew how
unhappy we were.

We went back to Postcardmania.........little more money,but customer service that can't be beat. Thay also have no problems formatting anything you send over.

TimP

Bob I agree with you but only if you charge 45 bucks a job like someone we know. Keep in mind Mikeys minimum is 150 bucks!!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Tony, yes I paid for the best, and they all CYMK EPS files. I do allot of desktop publishing and some designing for people in my other side business.

A monkey could have cut them better.

I didn't expect much from them, but thought I would give them a try anyway, and I still was disappointed. Doesn't pay to go cheap.

Why do people cheap out on business cards anyway. Quality cards are still cheap.

I agree with Chris.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Seems hit or miss with gotprint according to the posts. Mostly hit though.

I've ordered quite a bit from them and been happy every time. Even if I had to eat one print job, I'd still use them.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Tim P......jus remember one thing....it ain't about how much we CHARGE...

It's all about how much we......

KEEP!

Mikey P

Administrator
All three of my orders have been perfect transactions.

You do have to send them the right file though.

They wont modify stuff for you.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I can see that as a problem for some folks. I've been able to muddle through it when my file wasn't right the first time. For a person familiar with the print industry, it'd be a piece of cake.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
love the $20 bill, it really stands out, why not post a pic of your magnet and your biz card too

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
William, send me your mailing address and I'll send you a few of my own $$ cards, IMO the quality of the card stock is quite good. But maybe your accustomed to Silk Layer Coating cards (expensive). These are just quality 14 pt matt finish cards, which are perfect for $$ referral cards.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Never had a problem that was not my fault. A card I made up was not centered properly, my bad. They don't fix anything and will not call but if you know what you're doing it's great.

I forgot what I wanted to say. I tried Got print, but must have got them on a bad day, because were worst I have ever seen, the colors were not even close, but the worst was they were cut crooked, some bigger, some smaller, and now two were the same, some had everything over to the left edge, others to the right edge. Also, they are some sub-standard size, a little smaller than regular cards. I paper was also sub-standard. I threw them out. What up with that when others here say they rock?

You'd think they would reprint at no charge if there cut was wrong. They seem like a big outfit and wouldn't have any problem reprinting.

Albert

Becker

Name
Becker
Gotprint is as good as the PDF, or file you supply them.

They print what ya send them.

Great price, super high quaility!

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Becker said:
Gotprint is as good as the PDF, or file you supply them.

They print what ya send them.

Great price, super high quaility!

Thats funny, I hope your kidding. If not guess you guys are the market there are catering to. Ask anybody you actually does design work for a living about gotprint and get informed before you make statements like that.

Even a GOOD printer has to allow for a percentage of error in color depending on the format they use to print. Whether it is PDF or EPS, there is going to be a difference on every off-set printer, then factor in whether it is coated stock or non coated stock, and then count on an even bigger difference if it is a digital press. The paper quality makes a huge difference even on the the same press.

You guys must be extremely lucky or are used to sub standard quality. No offense meant. Many people have never seen the difference of what a quality printer can do. It is night and day the difference.

I will send the first two people that PM me their address a sample of the gotprint cards I have (I found some I did not throw away) and the ones I got from a real printer. Same file, both were EPS files created in Adobe Illustrator, only I made some minor adjustments in the second file, as the gotprint cards are a non-standard size, and everything looked cramped on them.

If a printer cannot properly center the image on the card consistently then they are hacks. That is not acceptable.

What kills me is spending $40,000+ on equipment and then wimping out on a little thing like business cards. Man you can get 1000 of real nice cards printed for what you make in 30 mins. The super bucks, that I can understand, but your main business card is you and your company. Stop wasting your money on stupid marketing guru courses from former carpet cleaners and just go read the E-myth again.

Becker

Name
Becker
pretty much sez so in the contract when ya pay.

They print what ya send them, send them off centered sheet, they will print it off centered.

want personal care work with a local printer than sends it out anyways.

and centers it for ya.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Its all a mater of the right printer for a particular kind of print job. I've had very good results from GP.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
Becker said:

They print what ya send them, send them off centered sheet, they will print it off centered.

and centers it for ya.

Ignorance is bliss.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've used may types of printers for my Biz cards.

I've spent as much as $120 for a 1000 cards.

The GPs look every bit as good, if not better.

Thicker and glossier.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
William said:
Becker said:

and centers it for ya.

Ignorance is bliss.

I have spent over a hundred bucks with a local printer for 1000 cards and they were absolutely no nicer than the gotprint cards.

Becker is right you have to be smart enough to send them a good file. If not then you should probably pay someone who will do it for you.

What the hell is it with these damn Kanadians and their holier than thou attitude anyway?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom