Got screamed at...

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Arrived to my only job of the day besides my rug return later this afternoon. Lady answers the door said hold on I need my mask. 5 minutes go by for her grabbing her mask and lets me in. My work order says 2 bedrooms 8 stairs. Shes Asian and didn't speak much English but enough to understand and points to the entry way carpet and the stairs up to the next level of the town home. Before I get upstairs to see the other areas she tells me its just two rooms upstairs good? I tell her i need to see them before starting and proceed to go upstairs and count 14 stairs not 8. She shows me the "small area" which was a 16x14 room. Then she says these stairs which was another staircase with 16 stairs up to the last level of the home which had a living room and the master bedroom all which she wanted cleaned. I was writing everything down on my estimate sheet and give her the updated price since there were two more areas of carpet then she said to my office staff and 30 stairs not 8. Once she heard me say the price she starts screaming at me saying you said $159 on phone and was yelling in a different language as well. I cant even speak to explain because she would just yell louder so I calmly said "if you don't stop I'm leaving" and she continued and I walked down the stairs. As I'm leaving shes yelling at me to stay and wait and I just kept walking and went out the door and got in my van. She came running out waving at me to comeback and I waved goodbye as I drove away 😂 😂 😂

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Arrived to my only job of the day besides my rug return later this afternoon. Lady answers the door said hold on I need my mask. 5 minutes go by for her grabbing her mask and lets me in. My work order says 2 bedrooms 8 stairs. Shes Asian and didn't speak much English but enough to understand and points to the entry way carpet and the stairs up to the next level of the town home. Before I get upstairs to see the other areas she tells me its just two rooms upstairs good? I tell her i need to see them before starting and proceed to go upstairs and count 14 stairs not 8. She shows me the "small area" which was a 16x14 room. Then she says these stairs which was another staircase with 16 stairs up to the last level of the home which had a living room and the master bedroom all which she wanted cleaned. I was writing everything down on my estimate sheet and give her the updated price since there were two more areas of carpet then she said to my office staff and 30 stairs not 8. Once she heard me say the price she starts screaming at me saying you said $159 on phone and was yelling in a different language as well. I cant even speak to explain because she would just yell louder so I calmly said "if you don't stop I'm leaving" and she continued and I walked down the stairs. As I'm leaving shes yelling at me to stay and wait and I just kept walking and went out the door and got in my van. She came running out waving at me to comeback and I waved goodbye as I drove away 😂 😂 😂
You did the right thing. We don't have to tolerate abuse from customers.

AdamDumphy

Name
Adam Dumphy
Just be glad you didn't do that job at an agreed on price. Imagine what might have happened if she had a complaint.
I was definitely thinking the same as she was yelling at me. She wouldn't give me a chance to explain just kept yelling so I just walked away and left. I don't know why people think that's the way to bring the price down.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Yes I have cleaned for the exact same lady here a few times....

It’s not my favorite I try to communicate very clear get signatures and get paid before I start

If their is major pushback I try to gracefully bow out and wave as I drive away lmao

Reactions: ronbeatty

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Typical Vawter day.....the pumping adrenaline as they're running behind you trying to catch up......

Once an old Jewish lady thought her
Concentration camp tattoo number
Should get her a discount..

• Wow
Reactions: Old Coastie

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Adam;

I thought you handled it Professionally. Good going.

Even jImmY would have put on his Tin-Foil hat and quickly flown away!

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
When I had elves, they all had permission to grant wishes or to fire a customer. Both things happened; so it goes.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
you come back you sonny-beechie

1601333081701.png

..L.T.A.

Name
Evets
We would have given her the adjusted price and justified it. Did the cleaning, got paid, and she would have left us a great review.
Next.

Reactions: Sal K

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom