Got the Newest Rotovac CFX!

Ok...went down to the factory today, about 100 miles, to demo and purchase the New Rotovac CFX.

I got the duel 3 stage vacs, dual cord model.

Took the "trophy" wife with me...she was all decked out...so much in fact the salesman was so busy looking at her that that he forgot to connect the waste pump hose and shot water into the air and all over the floor... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The duel 3 stage vacs suck well over twice as hard as the duel 2 stage vacs....

Got the power pod, all the hoses and connectors... had them throw in a wand, detail tool, couple of quarts of Red Relief,for ....$1735...salesman had to get Chuck Munsen to ok the deal.

Normal retail for the power pod 2 stage vacs is $1600 ...3 stage vacs $1900

This unit can handle 2" hose and can be connected to your TM vac and can act as a vac booster. Pumps all waste water to a drain or toilet, weighs 40lbs, can connect to on site hot water ...and is very simple to operate and repair if needed.

I have 2 carpets tomorrow and will test it in the field then...It did great at the factory demo hooked to a 360 and then to a wand.... :D

I will write a review on its performance for this board. :!:

Art Kelley said:
Did you get the 26 gal fresh tank?

Nope...Just the power pod...for what I will use it for ...empty rental turnovers...I didn't need it...the friggen "fresh water" cart is Huge!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
There will be times you could use that in lieu of pulling out 300 ft of vac hose. Looks like a great thing to have handy.

That's awesome. I would love to get one of those. In fact I think I will. Only be sure to keep some clorox wipes handy if you are going to be running hoses down toilets.

danielc said:
That's awesome. I would love to get one of those. In fact I think I will. Only be sure to keep some clorox wipes handy if you are going to be running hoses down toilets.

Or you can connect a garden hose to the 50' of waste hose end and pump it outside.... :!:

danielc said:
How do you get pressure if you hook to a sink and the water goes straight to the tool?

Good question...I would recommend a small CleanCraft Rescue pump, 140 degree water...150 psi, $350.... or a warm water pressure washer 0-1450psi, 180 degree water for carpet and tile, $850.

For hotter water... a Mytee 2400watt Turbo Hot...$400

Mostly I OP the carpet first... and then use the extractor to "rinse" the carpet.

danielc said:
I knew it was too good to be true. I still like the concept though. Why didn't you just get the whole machine with 27 gallon fresh water capacity, 250 psi pump, and your vac and apo all in one machine?

http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.ne ... fx-how.jpg

Mostly because I don't have enough room for the big fresh water tank in my Chev Astro TM..I also have a "porty" mini van that it saves me a lot of space in.

I do have enough room for for the Power Pod...its only 2' high, 18" long, and 12" wide....pretty incredible power in such a small package.

Name
Lee Stockwell
You may be surprised by hooking up straight to a hot water tap and running the line directly to your tool.

It's also a great backup. I once sent a setup like this to a friend on the board who was having problems with his pump. He used it for several years, as I have before.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. 50' x 3/8" lightweight air hose. q/c on one end and female water hose fitting on the other. A couple of adapters from Lowes for various sinks and you are back in business. Keep it on an orange cord reel.

Lee Stockwell said:
You may be surprised by hooking up straight to a hot water tap and running the line directly to your tool.

It's also a great backup. I once sent a setup like this to a friend on the board who was having problems with his pump. He used it for several years, as I have before.

Thanks,
Lee

ps. 50' x 3/8" lightweight air hose. q/c on one end and female water hose fitting on the other. A couple of adapters from Lowes for various sinks and you are back in business. Keep it on an orange cord reel.

Lee is quite right...it is a great backup to be able to connect to on site hot water...the CFX comes with a bunch of hot water adapters....it can allow you to finish a job if your TM goes pump goes down...and the CFX Power Pod can allow you to finish if your whole TM goes down.

Todd Anthony

DevilThomas said:
danielc said:
How do you get pressure if you hook to a sink and the water goes straight to the tool?

Good question...I would recommend a small CleanCraft Rescue pump, 140 degree water...150 psi, $350.... or a warm water pressure washer 0-1450psi, 180 degree water for carpet and tile, $850.

For hotter water... a Mytee 2400watt Turbo Hot...$400

Mostly I OP the carpet first... and then use the extractor to "rinse" the carpet.

I bet it would be faster to just use the 360i with your CFX and skip the OP machine. How much was the system including the 360i?

John Olson

Name
John Olson
You need one of these
f341_1_303_1.JPG

http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/servlet/the-303/Pump-Out-Shield/Detail

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I still think this would be the best porty as a backup if your TM puked on a job.Combined with a Mytee Water Hog and you could keep your TM quiet for a few hours every now and then and save some gas money.

dcninerfan

I'm looking into this thing. I am an upholstery cleaner so this will be my first and only equipment. I will only touch carpet two or three times a week. So this concept seems real cool to me.
My concern is the water rinse, Can you use an extraction rinse for Ph Balancing? Or do you have to the Ranger Base to do that?

The alternative I thought of is some deodorizers, and most fabric protections have Acidic PH, would spraying this be ok to balance out the PH? ( Just a thought, Im an upholstery guy don't pick on me!)

If you add these external pumps and heaters, how is the electricity load going to be? Will I need multiple circuits. I do plan to use the 360i. Im thinking so many cords here. CFX, external pump, Rotovac, just sounds like a lot of cords.

And last question..

Anyone use this yet? What do customers think of this rig? Pumping dirty water and all into their toilet. I know its a toilet, but..

randy

Name
Randy
This is a very old thread. The original poster has left this world due to a very tragic auto accident. This thread should be closed. It's very disturbing to read Devil Thomas/atheist American etc. after this individual has passed away and met his maker.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom