Gotta Take A Dump.

GTAD

• Pack up the truck and go look for a sewer drain, manhole or car wash.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikey P

Administrator
Even V owners suffer from the GTAD sickness.

You didn't plan ahead and with 20 feet to go on your last job of the day your machine shuts off due to your waste tank being FULL.

No luck finding a sewer clean out in the drive way and you dont have a pump out.

What do YOU do?

Name
I'm Rick James
I was at a job last year and when I was setting up I heard this massive amount of running water 4 driveways down. There was a carpet cleaning company dumping his tank in the driveway without a line, straight from the tank and when he was done he got the customers garden hose and sprayed it into the street. He never looked my way the entire time he was doing this. He knew I was watching him doing this. The name of the comany is.........

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
I saw a large company in my area dumping straight out into the road like he didn't even know it is illegal.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I have rolled up and driven an hour back to the shop, dumped the tank and driven back. It really really really sucks, but sometimes you gotta.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I would never be w/o a pump out.

But you can dump in the grass in FL. That still doesn't stop the others from opening up in the drive way. Watched a guy clean a bar in the middle of the day in a shopping center. When he got done, opened her and let it flow all over the parking lot. I had to take pictures of that. About lost my lunch. Pretty funny.

bc

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i have got screwed with only a few feet to go..i break out the 3 gallon bucket and start the fill and dump, i dump the bucket into the grass on the side yard or into the bushes and quietly and fast as i can..if all you need it a little room you do what you have to do..
dave

Mikey P

Administrator
I thought you were gonna tell me you added some shrimps, clams, corn, okra and a little cayenne pepper and had an early dinner.

Ernie G

We have pump-outs on all our trucks, I don't need the bad publicity or the big fine.

John Watson

We have used our 2 in and when we still used the 1 1/2 whip, we would put that down the toilet, lower the seat place something heavy on toilet lid. Make the 2 in as short as possible and then hook to 2 in dump valve, Open valve 1/2 to 3/4 and follow hose movement to make sure cuplings didn't come apart all the way into the toilet. We could normaly drain about 1/2 the tank at most homes just with a gravity feed. Then drain hose into toilet by hand before resuming extraction. We have only done this few times when our pump out was not working. It will get you by in a pinch.

There is big fines in WA, I have no problem turning buttwads in that ruin it for all the others out there trying to do it right.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Studebaker said:
Every truck mount should have a pump out in my humble opinion.

And every pump out on a machine sold used should be removed because they never work

Able 1

Name
Keith
Anywhere and everywhere! Legally(or did I mean tactfully) of course.. :roll:

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have only had the problem once so far

I just took off some 2" hose and ran it to the toilet, open the drain valve about 1/4 and kept an eye on it

but I agree, pump out should be included in the price of a TM, shouldn't be an option

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I just send it to my fresh water tank. If they want clean water that is $6 a room

Just kidding. run it 50 or so feet out between some bushes

Chris A

Name
Chris
B&BGaryC said:
Studebaker said:

And every pump out on a machine sold used should be removed because they never work

Clean your filters once in a while!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Tell that to the person who traded it in.

My truck mount was bought new without a pump out feature. I hear of pump out problems more than any other problem on a truck mount when it comes to used units. My distrib actually started removing pump-outs before selling a used unit.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Studebaker said:

I think mine was the second thing I pulled out of my truck and tossed on a shelf......

bad design in the tank for this and all the crap would settle into port that the APO was hooked up to and cause it to plug all the time.....they should of come up out of the tank with a pipe and brought it up and then bent it back down so it was a 6 inches off the bottom then it would not suck all the crap and clog....

IMG_3271.jpg

Chris A

Name
Chris
hmm.. same pump out I've used for years, never had a problem, go figure.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Mikey P said:
Even V owners suffer from the GTAD sickness.

You didn't plan ahead and with 20 feet to go on your last job of the day your machine shuts off due to your waste tank being FULL.

No luck finding a sewer clean out in the drive way and you dont have a pump out.

What do YOU do?

Look ahead, dump before its too late

Walt

Jim Martin said:
[quote="c_adkins":1rzretq7]hmm.. same pump out I've used for years, never had a problem, go figure.

once again...tank design....[/quote:1rzretq7]

My V had the same pump. It was plumbed about a foot from the bottom of the tank. I guess I can see why they did that. Never had a problem.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Just get this. Hook it up and charge the customer for watering the lawn. Its not that hard if they pay for carpet cleaning they can pay for the lawn service you offer. :lol:

pACE-957137dt.jpg

Greenie

Just goes to show, a lot more goes into the "big picture" of a TM design, but I agree an APO is nice and damn near mandatory for a high flow busy cleaner.

Mikey P

Administrator
My APO has been toast ever since Greenie talked me into tossing my external filters.

Carpet are cleaner and drier but Blinky the Three Eyed Fish runs rampant.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom