Goverment contracts, preferred service contractor?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Anyone else received these calls? Anyone do work for the goverment? I didn't think you had to pay money for the possibility to get a call? Maybe I'm wrong.

I got a call a few months ago from a company called API saying they were a goverment agency required to obtain local businesses operating in various service markets that the local goverment deals with on a regular basis. They said the law prevents them from awarding exclusive contracts to 1 business, they need to have a minimum of 4 to choose from.

Then came the.. "are you interested in becoming a goverment service contractor? Great, stay on the line and I'll have a manager go over the details and fees associated"... I found out it would cost me nearly $900 (and I think even an monthly charge afterwards but not positive about that) I told them I wasn't interested and to remove my name from their call list... well that didn't happen, I got another call from the same company this morning. Some dude saying he's doing an audit of their programs success blah blah... and they have only 1 spot remaining and he'd really like to get the last spot filled before the end of the year and can offer me a deep discount.. I didn't even wait to be insulted by the DEEP discount pitch and I told him I wasn't interested and hung up.

Did I make a BIG mistake? Is this a legitimate operation or a total scam job? It sounded to me like these "exclusive preferred provider" deals where you pay a bunch of money and get squat. They used alot of goverment jargon which initially made me think it was real.. but then when I got the, I have to pass you off to my supervisor and I can't answer that pricing question stuff I thought SCAM!!!!

Thanks

steve g

Name
steve garrett
WJMorgan3 said:
Anyone else received these calls? Anyone do work for the goverment? I didn't think you had to pay money for the possibility to get a call? Maybe I'm wrong.

I got a call a few months ago from a company called API saying they were a goverment agency required to obtain local businesses operating in various service markets that the local goverment deals with on a regular basis. They said the law prevents them from awarding exclusive contracts to 1 business, they need to have a minimum of 4 to choose from.

Then came the.. "are you interested in becoming a goverment service contractor? Great, stay on the line and I'll have a manager go over the details and fees associated"... I found out it would cost me nearly $900 (and I think even an monthly charge afterwards but not positive about that) I told them I wasn't interested and to remove my name from their call list... well that didn't happen, I got another call from the same company this morning. Some dude saying he's doing an audit of their programs success blah blah... and they have only 1 spot remaining and he'd really like to get the last spot filled before the end of the year and can offer me a deep discount.. I didn't even wait to be insulted by the DEEP discount pitch and I told him I wasn't interested and hung up.

Did I make a BIG mistake? Is this a legitimate operation or a total scam job? It sounded to me like these "exclusive preferred provider" deals where you pay a bunch of money and get squat. They used alot of goverment jargon which initially made me think it was real.. but then when I got the, I have to pass you off to my supervisor and I can't answer that pricing question stuff I thought SCAM!!!!

Thanks

dude don't second guess yourself, you are smarter than that, your story to me sounds like a scam, feel good you didn't fall for it, as you would have given them a $900 gift

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom