Granite or quartz

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Or other
A crazy lady I know (my sister ) has a baller wad burning a hole in her pocket for a new kitchen.
I know cabinets and I have a granite guy the does impeccable work for $40 a ft installed
But don’t what’s most better for counters

lay it on me stonefaqs
What’s the best?

Sankyou verddy much kindly

LTA

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
No brainer.................Quartz

No hassle cleaning and care

Cambria

I have a one sq ft area in my kitchen trailer home on wheels

Reactions: Dolly Llama

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
quartz is man made, so granite over quartz

quartzite is a natural and harder than granite, and we have worked on some that are like Onyx, allowing light transmission. Like leds under the top and it glows

Mikey P

Administrator
There's plenty of low maintenance or should say no maintenance granite out there that will never need ceiling that will offer you the organic unreproducible look that courts could only dream of unless she wants a calcite stone look in which case you can get quartz products that look virtually identical to marble and limestone
most of the granite you're going to see at the big box stores and tile stores is pure shit
Look for something that is totally flat doesn't have any depressed veins, epoxy fill or Mica deposits I don't know if you can find anything decent in Ohio if you're not in the big city but it's possible have her look at the marble look alike quartz or the sandstone limestones they're actually quite nice The Home Depot actually has a good selection of them

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Nothing marble for countertops. Lots of “quartz” counters are marble.

Go with a high quality granite. Go ask a gravestone company what they use and where you can get a counter made from it. In your area I imagine New Hampshire granite is available.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Larry look up Leathered Granite.
It's got great color and style.
We put in Black Pearl but didn't know about Leathered.

No experience with Quartz except a couple watches back in the day. Even had a stretch band from grandpa

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
you should choose a top that does not require sealing.

the standard test: on a sample of unsealed stone(granite, quartize) is a drop of water and oil, allow to sit 5 minutes and wipe off. If it darkens than i would move on

Brad mentioned brushed, leathered, river washed, where the softer minerals have been eroded out. option

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom