grease/oil removal from granite counters..

Name
Lee Stockwell
Larry Cobb said:
Mike;

Lee can help you out with the liability on extremely flammable acetone.

Flip on that blender, and make some margaritas.

:lol:

Larry
I wondered why it took you so long to weigh in on this one. :-) I don't use that much acetone in a decade. Yes a bit hazardous to evaporate that much in a confined place.

Blame the people who have almost banned fire-safe 1,1,1 trike!

danbrown

Nice work!!

I hate to say it but you may just be another 1-2 lbs away from pulling those last 2-3 dark areas out.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
danbrown said:
Nice work!!

I hate to say it but you may just be another 1-2 lbs away from pulling those last 2-3 dark areas out.

I really pity you today, Mike.

farrahowens88

Name
Farrah Owens
For oil stains, I mix 1 cup of flour and a mild washing soap form into paste by adding water, then apply this paste on the stain, cover with plastic and leave it overnight. In the morning remove the plastic cover and remove the paste then wipe your countertop with a moist cloth and the stain will be gone. Once per year sealing which will bring back its original shinny look.

Name
cameron demille
For oil stains, I mix 1 cup of flour and a mild washing soap form into paste by adding water, then apply this paste on the stain, cover with plastic and leave it overnight. In the morning remove the plastic cover and remove the paste then wipe your countertop with a moist cloth and the stain will be gone. Once per year sealing which will bring back its original shinny look.

If you need to seal your granite every year, you're doing it wrong. If you need to re-seal your granite to get a better shine, you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom