Grease on wool

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I clean a private jet every couple months, and the last time I did it there was mechanics grease on the nice new wool carpets. What is a good product to use, any suggestions would be helpful. I just don't want to damage the wool or make the spots worse than they already are. Thanks

Mikey P

Administrator
Any citra solve type product will work fine, just makew sure to rinse it out real well.

Light grease can usually be removed with a Well Formulated Shampoo/Encap as well. (rinse that out too, pixie dust does not candy coat grease)

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If there are large globs of grease, remove what you can be scraping or other means without any chemical.

For light grease and oils, Solvent Clean will work well and rinse out easier than Citrus Solv. Citrus Solv is a fine product for heavier oils and grease but must be rinsed thoroughly with hot water or it could become a resoiler.

Scott Warrington

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Back in the dark ages, i had a contract to clean business jets at Oakland Co Airport......i didn't fully understand the consequences of cleaning an airplane wit water based chems........all i can add is:

ARE YOUS ALL FRIGGIN' NUTS?????

John Watson

Give me a greasy wool carpet any day, The wool naturally repels and it will wash out with a good shampooing .. Rinse and then the one word which doubled an already multi million dollar shampoo business "Repeat"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom