Greasy dining room

Name
Jesse Myer
I think if you cleaned the carpets more often you wouldn't need to nuke them.
This is actually cleaned monthly... problem is our dining rooms do not have server windows so every server is walking in and out of the kitchen. No walk off mats or rugs to catch grease before tracking onto the carpet.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I agree, but he probably answers to bean counters who think they’ll save money.

If I’m not mistaken, Excellent Supply has a green product that is very good as a prespray and as an encap.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
If I’m not mistaken, Excellent Supply has a green product that is very good as a prespray and as an encap.

better juices doesn't seem to be the problem, Steve
as BioBreak is a decent pre-spray...and touted as "green", but his company won't approve it
and it doesn't have the "green seal" label

Don't know if Rick paid the extortion fee for the "sticker"

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Old Coastie

steve_64

Try distilled vinegar and bonnets. You will need about a dozen bonnets.
I use a gravity feed tank on a 175.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just stick with the Procyon. I get great results with it. Agitating with a card or 175 will make all the difference you need. Procyon will not leave any problem residue.

steve_64

Just stick with the Procyon. I get great results with it. Agitating with a card or 175 will make all the difference you need. Procyon will not leave any problem residue.
Try the vinegar and check on it periodically. I've been shocked how good its working.
Resoiling is almost non existent. Cleaning vinegar works good too.

Just a suggestion.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Try the vinegar and check on it periodically. I've been shocked how good its working.
Resoiling is almost non existent. Cleaning vinegar works good too.

Just a suggestion.
Vinegar doesn't really clean anything. It does chemically react some things.

steve_64

Vinegar doesn't really clean anything. It does chemically react some things.
Spin some bonnets with it and look at them. Do it after you clean it any other way. It strips any remaining oils. Just something I'm playing with.
Use cotton bonnets for best results.
I've been doing it on some jobs as a follow up treatment after extraction. One place is the dealership just outside the parts office. I have done a few other buildings.
Going to try doing it without extraction at a bit annual job coming up.

Reactions: Cleanworks

scotty747

Spinning bonnets with acid will even out streaks on glue down as well. Vinegar is great but I don't want it smelling up the place so I use citric acid.

Name
Steve Lawrence
This is actually cleaned monthly... problem is our dining rooms do not have server windows so every server is walking in and out of the kitchen. No walk off mats or rugs to catch grease before tracking onto the carpet.
I'd push for management to purchase some walk off matts. You're probably a higher class restaurant that should have good looking floors all the time.

Name
Jeff T
The smell evaporates as fast as it dries.
BS... I use DS cleaning vinegar in my rug shop. It DOES NOT evaporate as it dries... it takes time to dissipate. I did rugs today, and when I went back to the shop 5 hrs later, the smell almost knocked me on my ass.... I’m running 9 fans, and a commercial dehu....

scotty747

Never had a sticky situation with citric acid. And I didn't know any acid was encap scampoo.

steve_64

BS... I use DS cleaning vinegar in my rug shop. It DOES NOT evaporate as it dries... it takes time to dissipate. I did rugs today, and when I went back to the shop 5 hrs later, the smell almost knocked me on my ass.... I’m running 9 fans, and a commercial dehu....
Tell me how it smells tomorrow.

When they are dry and the air has been transferred.

Name
jack zerkie
I clean a very high end restaurant every few weeks. But the problems is from the cleaning crew that wash the concrete painted floors from the kitchen into the restaurant. They use way to much soap on the floors making it very sticky . The grease & soil is tracked onto the carpets. I have explained to the owners but they say at least they show up and do some cleaning. So that's more regular work for me. jz

Reactions: steve_64

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I clean a very high end restaurant every few weeks. But the problems is from the cleaning crew that wash the concrete painted floors from the kitchen into the restaurant. They use way to much soap on the floors making it very sticky . The grease & soil is tracked onto the carpets. I have explained to the owners but they say at least they show up and do some cleaning. So that's more regular work for me. jz
You should add concrete cleaning to your bag of tricks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom