Great Software - Not sold by people of the Carpet Industry

smastio

Name
Steve Mastio
Let's share some of the best software used by its members that are not specifically related to carpet cleaning, and give a brief description and link if possible.

Here's some of mine... Snagit and Jing.... by Techsmith - http://www.techsmith.com and Mikogo at http://www.mikogo.com

Jing is 15 bucks and Snagit is 50.

Jing allows you to record the screen video and audio for 3 minute segments and quickly post to web;

Snagit captures any image from your computer screen – just like your print screen key…even long web pages; Then it pulls that screenshot into the image editor - where you can add text, arrows, and effects to turn it into a fun or professional image that tells a story. Just copy and paste your completed Snagit image into emails, documents, and presentations – or upload it to your website.

Mikogo - just like Goto Meeting but free!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Re: Great Software - Not sold by people of the Carpet Indust

Primopdf allows you to print to a pdf image. It acts just like another printer that you select when given your printer choices. www.primopdf.com
# Create PDF files faster with the only free PDF creator to support one-click, drag-and-drop PDF creation.
# Convert to PDF from any file you can print, including Microsoft® Word, Excel®, and PowerPoint® formats.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Re: Great Software - Not sold by people of the Carpet Indust

One that I'm seriously looking at for my business as I look at going more to a web based system is:-

www.actionstep.com This covers it all from marketing to sales, to scheduling, to invoicing, to repeat to accounting, all in one place with single entry of information.

Others I considered are

www.simpro.com.au
www.ontrack.co.nz/ontrack/default.asp
www.tymwise.com
www.vworkapp.com

each in tandem with www.xero.com for accounting.

With the excpetion of 1, they are all NZ based companies.

If I buy from a US company, my costs soar out of control because of exchange rates.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom