Great Trade journal with great information...

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Now although it is in a different field.Thse gnetleman that run the magazine are tops in quality information.They are serious professionals tryng to build the field better for like wise minded people.

Their latest article on marketing was very well written.And they cover safety and insurance issues very well.Although it is a Window cleaning Magazine.
You can get a subscriiption for free.An choose to either read or discard as need be.But always well worth scanning over.

Many of these business men/ladies that read it are slowly crossing fields .Into our carpet cleaning areas.So it behooves them to as well as us to understand each other better.Those of you that are suppliers might find a somewhat larger sales increase also...

American Window Cleaners Magazine...for those of you that would like to know...Also it could prove to increase your slower months.By adding a low initial start up with a high roi ...It has worked like a charm for us here...

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Caesar,

What percentage of your biz is window cleaning?

What is your price structure?

What equipment do you use? Water filtering system, extention poles, water-fed brushes, etc?

A few weeks ago while I was cleaning carpet at a house an old (about my age) hippie in a VW microvan came to clean the windows. He was there about half the time I was. He must have charged more than I did because this regular customer gave me a BIG tip.

Thanks for the heads-up on the rag. I'll check it out.

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Well waterfed is still not a reality,but very soon to be.I will be purchasing from Lance Golden.Whom if you never chatted with him.Is a wealth of info on water fed,residential,and carpet cleaning.

He understands residential like so very few others.(Window Cleaning)...

Now to answer the question,on the percentage part.Windows are a seperately run division of Caesars.Seperate accountant ,etc...
We have service work all year long .Running from 9am to about 6pm or sometimes later.But windows are about the same income as carpets nowadays...

An we do only retail and or storefront typeaccounts .With a huge portion being fast food restaurants.Easy in/out maintence type weekly mainly,few every two weeks.Nothing more then that.All cash,due to the fact if I had to keep track of them for accounts paid.I would lose my mind even more...lol

But it is a great diversification,that leads to more carpet,etc type jobs.Kind of like being at a home show all day with pay...Today one of the accounts asked if we can get there walls monthly...Shore Can...

WISE

How do you determine pricing for the service? Time and materials? Per pane? sq ft?

I do have some equipment left from a few years ago...we did 38 condo buildings as a one time deal on window cleaning as part of a bigger deal on carpets. Of course, it was our first and only one...but we did have a hard time with it. Screens mostly created the problems. Now commercial only, that is more interesting.

WISE

Numero Uno

Name
Caesar
Simple flat price,something I need to make and something they can live with...

Materials here are one new rubber blade per month,every two weeks we flip a side,so 1.44 a month...

Solution to clean pennies per gallons used,We can clean a fast food restaurant to perfection in under 30 minutes...An that is about 35 to 50 windows counting inside and outside.Plus vestibule if any and or drive thru area...

Time only increases if sundries are added in,wall washing ,etc.But things are systemized and very easy also...

Our average is about 75 or higher per store...Cash upon completion.Gas costs ,vehicle maintence and labor ,etc are biggest expenditures...

But the roi is very high per store...Window poles,squeegees as long as kept from being bent last forever,towels are 7 dollars for two,24 by 24 inch microfibers...

Laundry is a minor expense also...Per pane or square foot would only destroy the quick estimate procedure.You walk into a rerstaqurant you have few minutes to make the cold call work...Present your self ,a quick explanation of what sets you apart,a fair price and a handshake...done.

After one month present with a simple contract...Also you should spend a dollar or two for a card marketing yourself as a Window
Cleaner,Versus a do it all type cleaner...

The after the first job is serviced ,hand them a few other specialty cards,an explain- You know we do a few things more then Windows ,here you go...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom