Greed, or guts?

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I have been offered a post-construction job that would be worth a great deal. However, I’d only have three weeks to complete it.

I wish I still had my elves...

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
I didn’t mean those kind of subs. Heck no! I have several friends with contracting businesses of different types that when I come across a big project I will get them to come help me.

Reactions: Old Coastie

scotty747

I started out in construction clean up. Two hours before there supposed to hand over the keys its a zoo. Painters and plumbers everywhere. All alarms going off so they can be tested. Landscapers tracking mud in to the bathroom. And the project manager asking if WERE going to be done in time.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I passed on the job. I could handle the first phase but the final needed to be done in two weeks. That was the elephant I cannot swallow. Interestingly I mentally priced it all at slightly lower than their budget (which the contractor revealed to me today).

Nor did they want me to handle sections of the job, letting someone else do the vct and windows. They want turnkey. Perhaps they’ll use me on smaller jobs in the future. This is about 50,000 square feet.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I passed on the job. I could handle the first phase but the final needed to be done in two weeks. That was the elephant I cannot swallow. Interestingly I mentally priced it all at slightly lower than their budget (which the contractor revealed to me today).

Nor did they want me to handle sections of the job, letting someone else do the vct and windows. They want turnkey. Perhaps they’ll use me on smaller jobs in the future. This is about 50,000 square feet.
"Man's got to know his limitations"

steve_64

40 to 50 man hours for a 1500 to 2500 sq ft and we just raised prices to a buck a sq ft. Been doing one a week or every two weeks.

steve_64

Wait, what?
We detail everything. It's us and the painter on the last days. We started at .40 cents then went to 60 now a buck. Started doing a couple a year but they are putting more demands on us now.
We have met every deadline with exceptional quality.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I can do it all and have many times since we do vct, windows, carpets, and have chimps🤷🏼‍♂️But have pretty much quit for all the above mentioned. That and shiate runs down hill, but money is slow to get down there. I’m by them like water damage👎🏻

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom